Set W10M Edge Font Size?

Bleser

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

One of the things that IE did in WP8/WP8.1 that annoyed me was to "blow up" or enlarge the basic font/text on web pages. It seems certain CSS styles were left alone and the pages looked like the desktop counterparts, but others (especially forums) had sections of the page rendered normally while others had the font greatly enlarged.

I was hoping they would have fixed this with Edge on W10M but the same "issue" remains. Does anyone know of a way to get under the covers of Edge and turn this off? I have a 950 XL and don't want my fonts blown up as if I am a Grandma on websites.

Thanks in advance!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

One of the things that IE did in WP8/WP8.1 that annoyed me was to "blow up" or enlarge the basic font/text on web pages. It seems certain CSS styles were left alone and the pages looked like the desktop counterparts, but others (especially forums) had sections of the page rendered normally while others had the font greatly enlarged.

I was hoping they would have fixed this with Edge on W10M but the same "issue" remains. Does anyone know of a way to get under the covers of Edge and turn this off? I have a 950 XL and don't want my fonts blown up as if I am a Grandma on websites.

Thanks in advance!

Did by chance you enabled something in phone Settings, Accessibility, Text ?

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

Thanks in advance!

I also have a 950 XL and I DO want my fonts blown up in Edge as if I am a Grandma on websites. But it doesn't respond to text size settings in the way that email and other apps do, as if there are overrides built into Edge. I wish I could just set the "Reader" format as default.

Bleser

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Did by chance you enabled something in phone Settings, Accessibility, Text ?

I did not. I actually have the system font size set one notch lower to better align with the 'more tiles' on my home screen.

I think this is just the way Microsoft mobile browsers handle certain fonts or heading types. It seems to do this on forums but I can't find the commonality. Other sites that have smaller footer text also appears greatly enlarged in Mobile Edge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb