Slow Motion Videos in Windows Mobile 10 or even 8.1?

Dhileepudu Jambula

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Slow Motion Videos in Windows Mobile 10 or even 8.1

I know we are busy with the preview releases and all but I have this in my mind from a long time.

We know that even though Lumia 930 and Lumia 1520 got the update to have the slow motion video mode recently even though both the phones were capable, Microsoft has released it very late.

Now, that feature is really good & I do like it as I take a lot of Slo-Mo videos of my kid.
But its of 720p and I still believe MS can get this mode to 1080p, is there any specific requirement for it to be of 1080p?

I honestly think that these phones are capable & still MS has to just work on it.

Do I need to ask MS video developer team(if any)?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Slow Motion Videos in Windows Mobile 10 or even 8.1

No, because of hardware limitations. One can't just force a device to take more high-resolution videos at higher frame rates if it wasn't designed to take it - it'll be like putting food in one's mouth faster than one can swallow.

There's more hope in newer devices (especially those that haven't been announced yet).

Dhileepudu Jambula

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

No, because of hardware limitations. One can't just force a device to take more high-resolution videos at higher frame rates if it wasn't designed to take it - it'll be like putting food in one's mouth faster than one can swallow.

There's more hope in newer devices (especially those that haven't been announced yet).

Hey Thanks, just researched a bit and found out the same that the new devices might get some breakthrough in this area.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Hey Thanks, just researched a bit and found out the same that the new devices might get some breakthrough in this area.

Yup. I've been wanting this feature (slow motion) to arrive in my Lumia 1020, but after several months of waiting I'm no longer looking forward to it. The "extra" processing it needs to handle the large images is still not enough to handle higher fps. If ever slow motion capability arrives in older Windows Phones, it'll have lower resolution (probably 360p or 240p only).

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

Just check QUALCOMM specs and android phones with the same chips, a 930 could do at least 1080p@60fps, while a 920 could handle 720p@60fps, not 1080 at 120fps as you want but you see how it goes, microsoft could do a lot more

At this point my hope is on hackers and regedits to let us make full use of our hardware, microsoft vision today is too up in the air to care about mundane things like this it seems

Dhileepudu Jambula

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

Just found that Snapdragon 650 & 652 have 4K@30fps capture, 1080p@120fps capture, wow

But regarding 8xx series doesnot specify but the New Nexus 5x whihc has 810(I guess) has 1080p with 120fps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos