TV connection inconsistencies

Jezza

May 8, 2015
Visit site
I picked up a USB Type C hub today from Amazon as a cheap way to get continuum hard wired (I've been using the wireless display on my Xbox One) and I have run into inconsistencies across my TVs.

My 42" 1080P Panasonic Plasma shows a blank screen when connecting the device directly or indirectly via the Xbox One HDMI pass-through, but my sisters small no name brand TV works perfectly showing a picture instantly.

Has anyone else found any connectivity issues with the official dock or otherwise on their display? I'm curious if there's a setting on the phone to control the resolution of the video output, or to alter it any other way?

Thanks in advance.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm dealing with a similar issue at work right now. We put up a Samsung TV in a new conference room, and connected a Dell desktop PC to it using Monoprice HDMI Extenders (which connect to each other through two cat5 cables), and then a HDMI to DisplayPort adapter at the back of the PC.

It sounds like a bubble-gum-and-toothpicks approach, but we tested it and it worked on an old TV we had sitting around in our storage room, but the same system won't work on the new TV. However, it doesn't work on the new Samsung TV.

Unfortunately, I believe it is an issue with the new TV accepting only a strict HDMI standard, or else some issue with DLNA compliance or some such matter, and therefore, no easy solution.

Jezza

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Damn, that's a bit of an annoyance. The only workaround I have us to use my Xbox One wirelessly, which does work, just not 100% of the time or lag free. I guess I'll try it at my girlfriend's and see what happens.

Out of curiosity, are you using the official dock?

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb