Outlook and Calendar crashing after last update

Doug_10

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
I had the same issue as the OP and like him I checked for updates but none were showing. I searched for Outlook in the store and it said I had it installed and didn't offer me any update. So no Outlook.

vladurash

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Hy all,

My Outlook won't open any more. I don't have any update option. Phone rebooted 5 times 'till now and this issue is still here.
How to resolve this, without hard reset?
Lumia 640XL DS.

10x

vladurash

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Go into store, search Outlook and install, many people resolved that
I don't have install option in store. It specify that is already installed. I have no option to update. I tried to change screen resolution and still did not appear in the list of updates.
I rebooted my phone twice in last hour, still nothing resolved.

Yanze

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Same issue here, after searching in the Store for Outlook there isn't an 'update' option. It just says it's already installed.

FlSteve

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Same event with my phone. I had the build released earlier in the week. Worked great for 24hrs, next day Email and Calendar won't open. Reset my Insider back to Fast, found the newest build, installed... everything else works fine. Outlook/Calendar both down. This morning, found this forum, went to App Store... keeps saying Outlook is installed. No option to update. Really don't want to uninstall and have to reconfigure all of my email accounts again. Will wait a little to see is there is a fix. Oh but the kicker is, Live Tile appears to work. Says I have 2 messages. ha...

Update 1: So I tried seeing if there was another update. No... Just for grins I toggled insider back to 3rd option... bam, found an OS update so pulling that down. Maybe I am behind and that could explain this. Will post results after update.

Update 2: on most recent build. no change. cal and outlook still broken

Last edited:

anon(5981118)

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Same thing happened on my 635; I was curious because I hadn't had any mail, so tried opening first Email and then Calendar and they just sat at the start screen, then vanished. They had been working earlier in the day--then stopped. I rebooted a couple of times to no effect, then went to the Store and found the new versions. Now all is well.

vladurash

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Ok, you all have updated. But I don't have any new update in pending. I just updated Outlook yesterday....so I don't have another way to update again Outlook.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Curious that half of users didn't got problems, and all the remaning.... Phones are more and more same as desktops, barely there's two identical after a lot of use

FlSteve

May 8, 2015
Visit site
So I resolved my issue and wanted to share what I did.... Thinking I had buggered up my phone,
  • I attached my phone to my PC and backed up my photos.
  • Next I performed a backup on the phone itself to OneDrive.
  • Lastly I ran the Windows Device Recovery Tool. It found my phone and said I was behind on a firmware update. So I let it perform the update.
Upon it's reboot, I found I now had a virgin Windows 8.1 phone. (Glad I had backed up) I had to perform several Windows Updates. After the default updates occured, I went to the Windows Insider tool and this time made sure that I only selected "Insider Release Preview" option 3. (I have a 920) A few more reboots and upgrades and I was back up with a fully functioning email icon. WOOT! I am now on
OS Build 10586.164, and
Firmware 1425.2001.

Other than a small panic attack of loosing all of my contacts (until I connected all of my email accounts :) ) the phone is working great.

One downside is I did lose my texts, so I encourage you to backup any attachments you might have had there. For me, loosing my texts was not a big deal.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa