Quiet/Do not disturb mode without Cortana

PHuba

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Living in Belgium, French speaking, Cortana is not available in my region.
As a consequence, apparently, the quiet/do not disturb mode (moon crescent icon) is deactivated and depressing it leads to the Cortana page that does not help.
It is therefore quiet tedious to set the phone to silent (ring, vibration, media volume) at night and back to normal in the morning - also, it is not completely "silent" as notification such incoming mail will force the phone to light up.
Any way to get a Quiet/Do not disturb mode without having Cortana?
Thanks, Pierre

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Living in Belgium, French speaking, Cortana is not available in my region.
As a consequence, apparently, the quiet/do not disturb mode (moon crescent icon) is deactivated and depressing it leads to the Cortana page that does not help.
It is therefore quiet tedious to set the phone to silent (ring, vibration, media volume) at night and back to normal in the morning - also, it is not completely "silent" as notification such incoming mail will force the phone to light up.
Any way to get a Quiet/Do not disturb mode without having Cortana?
Thanks, Pierre

No, sorry. Do like me (even if I got Cortana).
Simply press down volume to zero, tap on vibro icon to switch vibro off, then..... put phone face down on a book ;)
Time for doing it: 5 secs

PHuba

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
No, sorry. Do like me (even if I got Cortana).
Simply press down volume to zero, tap on vibro icon to switch vibro off, then..... put phone face down on a book ;)
Time for doing it: 5 secs

Yeh !
That's precisely what I do ;-) - seems to be an essay feature to implement though.
Overall I am generally impressed by W10M but there are here and there small features that are missing or less user friendly than what I can see on other platform.
Hope this will evolve over time.
Thanks anyway, regards, Pierre

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb