Why can't I hear my phone ring anymore?

Fidodido1966

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I own a Nokia Lumia 1320. I have installed many Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview versions so far and never had this problem before installing version 10.1.10586.164. Even though I made absolutely sure that sound is not turned off, I still can't hear it ring when someone calls me. The weird thing is when I modify the ring song I can hear it. In other words it's only happening with incoming calls. Anyone else having this problem?

klax

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I'm using a Lumia 635 and I just started having issues with no visual or audio alert of incoming calls and texts. I thought I had accidentally changed a setting or something, but the volume and ringtone is all still set properly.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I own a Nokia Lumia 1320. I have installed many Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview versions so far and never had this problem before installing version 10.1.10586.164. Even though I made absolutely sure that sound is not turned off, I still can't hear it ring when someone calls me. The weird thing is when I modify the ring song I can hear it. In other words it's only happening with incoming calls. Anyone else having this problem?

Check settings -> Notify, you can fine tune every single app, sound, vibro, text

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm using a Lumia 635 and I just started having issues with no visual or audio alert of incoming calls and texts. I thought I had accidentally changed a setting or something, but the volume and ringtone is all still set properly.

The same to you,
Check settings -> Notify, you can fine tune every single app, sound, vibro, text

Fidodido1966

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
That section of settings is not related to my issue........the way to set it up to have sound on an incoming call is by pressing the up or down volume button and make sure ring is not at 0.......mine is a 10 and I still can't hear anything!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
That section of settings is not related to my issue........the way to set it up to have sound on an incoming call is by pressing the up or down volume button and make sure ring is not at 0.......mine is a 10 and I still can't hear anything!

Sometimes upgrades set rings to default, that means first time "nothing". Go in Sound and choose a ring, then retry receiving

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Is gadgets app installed on w10m? I'd check gadgets app and also plug in headphones to configure correctly 'cause it happened to me on wp8.1.

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Yes, gadgets is there
Open gadgets and check if there's an accessory shown as connected but in reality, there are none. Try connecting you accessories one by one and change settings if necessary. For me, always wired accessory is shown as connected (possibly micro usb charging port) even when its unplugged.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786