Help: can't restore SMS after reset, Sync messages disabled. What do I do?

MKairys

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Help: can't restore SMS after reset, "Sync messages" disabled.

I did two resets close together, as I got insider updates. After the first I initially didn't get my SMS history, but after going to settings | messaging and enabling "sync messages between devices" they started (slowly) to come in.

Now I've reset and restored and some days later I noticed no SMS history. This time however when I go to settings, "sync messages" is disabled and it says "Sign into your Microsoft account" with a "Sign In" link, which when I press it, does nothing.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Help: can't restore SMS after reset, "Sync messages" disabled.

I did two resets close together, as I got insider updates. After the first I initially didn't get my SMS history, but after going to settings | messaging and enabling "sync messages between devices" they started (slowly) to come in.

Now I've reset and restored and some days later I noticed no SMS history. This time however when I go to settings, "sync messages" is disabled and it says "Sign into your Microsoft account" with a "Sign In" link, which when I press it, does nothing.

Go to Settings, My account,, and check your primary account if there's an alert or a "need you attention"

MKairys

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: Help: can't restore SMS after reset, "Sync messages" disabled.

Nope, nothing there. MS account and two email account all look fine...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05