Native Win10 mobile users, has the camera improved with updates?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm curious to know if those of you with phones that have native Windows 10 Mobile have noticed any camera improvements with OS updates.

I'll like to know, just out of curiosity.

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Are we still able to download and use the Lumia 5 camera app on the 640 after a hard reset?

Lumia Camera 5 will only work on WP8.1 for the Lumia 640, it won't work Windows 10 Mobile.

If you perform a hard reset on a Windows 10 Mobile build you will still be on Windows 10 Mobile, just with all of your personal files and settings deleted. The only way to revert to WP8.1 (and to use LC5) is to use "Windows Device Recovery Tool" on a PC to flash the phone.

Bobcat665

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
As far as I can tell, the Windows Camera app in Win 10 pretty much *IS* a relabelled Lumia Camera. All I know is that it launches quickly and smoothly for me on my L 830, focuses like it's supposed to and doesn't really hang during normal camera operation. YMMV, depending on what version firmware you have (NO, not the OS version; the FIRMWARE) and perhaps on whether or not you've done a hard reset and rebuilt your OS install from scratch. If your Win 10 OS install turns out wonky, you might want to plug your phone into WDRT, see if there's a firmware update available and then update/rebuild from scratch accordingly...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes