Models updated via upgrade advisor

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I reserved the update to w10. Waiting for some response on how the update would turn out to be and since its my primary phone i'd like to wait.

lpj_640

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
640 did an update a few hours ago, some sort of pre WM10 update. Has removed call+text blocker and ruined 4G signal. update advisor is Still working with network provider e.t.c though

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Richm246

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
640 did an update a few hours ago, some sort of pre WM10 update. Has removed call+text blocker and ruined 4G signal. update advisor is Still working with network provider e.t.c though

I got that too I think on my 640, it was Windows Phone 8.10.15148.160... it was released in may and Wikipedia says:
"Enabling certain devices, like Lumia 640 to be able to upgrade to the Windows 10 Mobile Tech Preview"

lpj_640

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
I had a similar update in late Jan I believe, around the time of one of the rumoured release dates. Only noticeable change was it stopped glance screen working.

kpluck

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Following a link from an article to the Store, I was able to get Upgrade Advisor onto my L635 1GB on Boost Mobile in the US. Unfortunately, it says that it's not eligible. =-[ I wish it said why... I'm guessing Sprint/Boost are not playing nice? Sigh.

I have an unlocked AT&T 640 (gofone) that currently doesn't have a sim card (wifi only) and that was the only way I could get it to work as well. Browse to the story on the 640 and click on the link. Nothing else worked.

On a side note, apparently even though my 640 is unlocked and not being used with any carrier, I am going to have to wait for who knows how long to get an update.

chaldean23

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I have a 640 that was locked to Optus (Australia) and got it unlocked by them when purchased. Able to download the app but unable to update the phone to win 10. Wonder if i have to wait till Optus approves the update even though it is unlocked now.

Div D

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
What about it? Its a nice phone and comes in Black, Silver and White colors.

Kindly read before you post, the first couple of posts clearly list the official WM10 upgrade supported devices, 925 is not on it.

He is asking about the Upgrade Advisor

You also kindly read before you post

Div D

Commented via Windows Central for Android

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
He is asking about the Upgrade Advisor

You also kindly read before you post

Div D

Commented via Windows Central for Android

Microsoft officially announced only a limited list of WP8.x on the WM10 upgrade path, Lumia 925 was not on it. Installing or not installing Upgrade Advisor is not going to magically give you WM10 on an officially WM10 unsupported device. I do read posts clearly and I urge members to read before posting the same question multiple times in multiple posts on multiple threads here on WC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss