Lumia 520, 720, 820, 920, 1020, 1320 (x20 series) Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

leops1984

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 520, 720, 920, 1020, 1320 Owners

Disappointed. I was planning to keep my 920 going as long as it would run.

My next phone will probably be Android, but I can't say I'm happy with that decision either. Also, the decision has soured me on Microsoft as a guardian of an ecosystem. I'm a gamer - up to this point I was neutral on the whole UWP issue. Now I am far, far less inclined to give Microsoft the benefit of the doubt, especially vis-a-vis someone like Steam, which has enormous goodwill. If UWP fails, it's because Microsoft has proved to be spectacularly bad at maintaining an ecosystem not just for their benefit, but for the benefit of users.

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

All they need to fix is freezing issue and 'loading' which appera while opening sys apps.. I dont get it y they're leaving us like that.. Atleast give us official w10.. We dont want RS

RUCKUS_US

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site

I'm mad because of utterly false argumentation. If performance issues are reason for such short list of supported devices, first phone which should not be on this list is Lumia 950! From day one it didn't work well running windows 10. I really doubt that MS got positive feedback from 950 users.

You're very opinionated and shouldn't speak of things the way you do. It makes you look like a ****. I love my 950 and don't miss my iPhone 6 at all. W10M is great. Bite your tongue good sir.

Sent from mTalk

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

Disappointed. I was planning to keep my 920 going as long as it would run.

My next phone will probably be Android, but I can't say I'm happy with that decision either. Also, the decision has soured me on Microsoft as a guardian of an ecosystem. I'm a gamer - up to this point I was neutral on the whole UWP issue. Now I am far, far less inclined to give Microsoft the benefit of the doubt, especially vis-a-vis someone like Steam, which has enormous goodwill. If UWP fails, it's because Microsoft has proved to be spectacularly bad at maintaining an ecosystem not just for their benefit, but for the benefit of users.

Wait.. MS had said phones will receive firmware before software.. N i guess all these phones didnt receive any fw updates.. So are they going to release w10 with fw in future to all the old devices?

lamminium

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site

I'll wait for a few weeks to see the official list of unsupported devices, then I can retire my L920. Lots of backflips in the news lately. Also, Microsoft hasn't denied that there would be a second wave of updates.

Ashutosh Sadaria

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site

I want to start a petition on change.org. Can we do that so they will reconsider their decision to leave older older devices like x20 series?

Please tell me if this will help to get us noticed? Or any other way. Or someone can start petition on my behalf because I cannot write that good. And my English is poor.

rhonn

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site

So there still hope that they will include all the said model that was not included for the updates that was released yesterday or no more at all.....

chalx

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site

You're very opinionated and shouldn't speak of things the way you do. It makes you look like a ****. I love my 950 and don't miss my iPhone 6 at all. W10M is great. Bite your tongue good sir.

Sent from mTalk
Well, my 925 runs win 10 same as 8.1. I'm just saying if they want to retire old phones they shouldnt lie us that they are doing it based on our feedback. It sound almost like they doing us a favor. I'm glad that you are happy with your phone but I know few guys that are not happy with performance and stabillity of theirs.

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I'll wait for a few weeks to see the official list of unsupported devices, then I can retire my L920. Lots of backflips in the news lately. Also, Microsoft hasn't denied that there would be a second wave of updates.

But theres no wer written that the list will include more devices in future.. Plus gabe has said that these phones will not get builds beyond 10586.*** and they just wanted to use us for feedback to run the OS better for the supported devices

lamminium

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site

But theres no wer written that the list will include more devices in future.. Plus gabe has said that these phones will not get builds beyond 10586.*** and they just wanted to use us for feedback to run the OS better for the supported devices

So far, the wording regarding the fate of the older handsets hasn't been explicit. The conclusion drawn so far was more of an inference. One could take what was announced to mean that whatever handset was on 10586.164 Release/Slow ring won't get the RS updates, which is already known anyway.

I am merely waiting for that official announcement saying that "the 17 March rollout was it. No more supported handsets. Sorry, guys!" just so I can start looking at a new handset. With this amount of anger, MS will have to issue a statement sooner or later anyway, just like they did during WP 7.8 days. :)

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
So far, the wording regarding the fate of the older handsets hasn't been explicit. The conclusion drawn so far was more of an inference. One could take what was announced to mean that whatever handset was on 10586.164 Release/Slow ring won't get the RS updates, which is already known anyway.

I am merely waiting for that official announcement saying that "the 17 March rollout was it. No more supported handsets. Sorry, guys!" just so I can start looking at a new handset. With this amount of anger, MS will have to issue a statement sooner or later anyway, just like they did during WP 7.8 days. :)
They already gave a statment abt unsupported devices.. They said these phones don't come up to quality stds and a better user experience.. :(

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

I have been shat upon for the last time by Microsoft. I have seen enough of the promise of W10M that I will not return to WP8.1. I was willing to endure the bugs and quirks over the past several months on my daily use 920 with the hope that they would eventually get it all sorted out, but that hope is now gone.

The battery life alone is enough to make me ditch it. I've carried extra batteries and limited use just to get through the day, but I can't keep doing this forever. Then there's the issue of apps just closing unexpectedly, things that just won't work (image search in Cortana, anyone?). My last recourse will be to try a.hard reset, as I haven't done one with the last 4 or 5 updates. But if that doesn't at least improve the battery life, MS has lost me forever as a mobile customer.

A fair number of my coworkers and I, as well as a number of my family, have all been WP users since the 7.0 days and the Samsung Focus. I'm one of the last holdouts - most of them have already jumped to iOS. I maintained that MS was finally going to get it right - boy was I duped.

I will never buy an iPhone, as Apple's business strategy disgusts me. So I guess it's hello Android. I've read a lot of positive reviews of the new Galaxy S7. It'll be nice to have apps available for once, I suppose.

Farewell, all!

R3mis

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site

Good job Microsoft, ******* off the majority of your mobile customers.

I hope all of them will leave you for other platforms and you'll soon be out of business. In the end, you deserve nothing better for your arrogant approach to your own customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo