Lumia 520, 720, 820, 920, 1020, 1320 (x20 series) Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmyc

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: Lumia 520, 720, 920, 1020, 1320 Owners

Well, at least you can obtain W10 through insider, the promise isn't completely broken...

micosecronica

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site

Hi guys,

I'm too am a 920/925 owner and I'm dispappointed with Microsoft position.
My biggest doubt for now is: staying win WP8.1 eventually all apps will be pre-historical since devs are pushing for UWP and not WP specific coding.
Microsoft Maps for example will it ever be updated by Microsoft in WP8.1 to stay equal as W10m app?

If we move to the insider build, at least to get W10m, will apps be updated even if we are not able to go to Redstone build or will they become outdated aswell?

I like Windows Phone much much more than iOS or Android but if the 2 phones I have will become "bricks" in a short time, I'm out of Windows ecossystem...

Best regards.

Sorry if my english is bad, not my main language.

seed dede

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site

Hi guys,

My biggest doubt for now is: staying win WP8.1 eventually all apps will be pre-historical since devs are pushing for UWP and not WP specific coding.
Microsoft Maps for example will it ever be updated by Microsoft in WP8.1 to stay equal as W10m app?

If we move to the insider build, at least to get W10m, will apps be updated even if we are not able to go to Redstone build or will they become outdated aswell?

I like Windows Phone much much more than iOS or Android but if the 2 phones I have will become "bricks" in a short time, I'm out of Windows ecossystem...

Best regards.

this is what on my mind, the apps, the devs

micosecronica

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site

Me too.
Outside US its not easy for some people like me to change phones every 2 years and I consider that these phones are viable still.
You may tell iPhone 4s (as an example) its slow in iOS 9 but its from 2011 and still receives official update...
Its fair enough that we want the same.

Seeing one post on another site about WP distribution on devices, these ones that were not eligible make as most as 30% of WP market (excluding ones mencioned in Others category). Is really Microsoft risks to lose a big portion of that?

KimRM

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site

What really amazes me is when people say they gonna switch platform because MS won't upgrade their phone to Win10. If you want Win10 so bad on your phone why don't you buy a new phone with Win10 instead of a new android phone or iphone?

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site

If that was the thing why did they announce it at the beginning that everyone would get it. Now they announce at the end that its only for some devices when everyone was hoping for official rollout.. And its not just old phones with old hardware.. Icon and m8 are left out too.. W10 not running properly on old hardware is an excuse.. I use 720 and i have only 2 issues- freezing and 'loading' while opening sys apps like phone,messaging which can be fixed with a couple of updates. W10 is total BS.. If their not giving all the insider preview phones then w10 is a big fail and i wish it fails and WP dies for what they did to us

They announced before the end that some devices would be left out u guys just aren't paying attention

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2874...10-upgrades-for-all-current-lumia-phones.html

Sent from mTalk

Grant Taylor3

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

For the complainers out there ask yourself how many 3 year old Android handsets will be be getting Android N?

My wife has a Galaxy Note 3 and her phone has only just got Android 5.1.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

For the complainers out there ask yourself how many 3 year old Android handsets will be be getting Android N?

Dont be so condescending. The difference here is Microsoft themselves initially said ALL WP devices would get W10M, allowed many devices to enroll in the insiders program but only now is saying many of those phones wont get an upgrade. If they had been more forthright and communicated more clearly what their plans were people would have had more realistic expectations regarding an update but telling them right when the upgrade is released that they wont get it is the worst thing they could have done. They basically gave people false hope for almost a year then took it away and seem to have played them for fools. THAT'S the problem, IMO and while i have a 1020 and dont actually want W10 on it I can fully understand why people are pissed with yet another stupid, moronic move by the incompetent management at Microsoft.

WesleyBPeres

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site

What really amazes me is when people say they gonna switch platform because MS won't upgrade their phone to Win10. If you want Win10 so bad on your phone why don't you buy a new phone with Win10 instead of a new android phone or iphone?
With this move we don't trust MS anymore. Better go to other platform, that even without updates, have the same apps and a lot of more features than WP8.1.
What features W10M has that Android don't?

My girlfriend has an Moto G since 2013 and even on 4.4 she can use the new Office apps that W10M has.
What's the point in NOT receive updates when your SO is ALREADY complete?

-------------------------------------------
If in 2014, when they announced that every WP8.1 would get W10M, they already announced that just a few phones would receive W10M everyone could change phone/SO and not waste time in a phone that would be left out.

--
Sorry if my english is not good. Feel free to correct me, I like to learn :)

KimRM

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site

Dont be so condescending. The difference here is Microsoft themselves initially said ALL WP devices would get W10M, .

But did they really say that? I kind of remember them saying all WP8.1 devices would get Win10.

Aurdi

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

I feel that M$ currently f**k up me with no official WM10 update for L920/L925. First, they said that all Lumia will get an update, later we received test versions and now withdrew from it. No logic and rational explanation for this situation.

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I feel that M$ currently f**k up me with no official WM10 update for L920/L925. First, they said that all Lumia will get an update, later we received test versions and now withdrew from it. No logic and rational explanation for this situation.

They can actually update and make w10 run better on these unsupported devices.. But why arent they updating is the question? Possibly force us to buy new phones to make money, start working on redstone builds than updating the os to optimize for old devices which will postpone RS update same as w10 was postponed

micosecronica

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site

Dont be so condescending. The difference here is Microsoft themselves initially said ALL WP devices would get W10M, allowed many devices to enroll in the insiders program but only now is saying many of those phones wont get an upgrade. If they had been more forthright and communicated more clearly what their plans were people would have had more realistic expectations regarding an update but telling them right when the upgrade is released that they wont get it is the worst thing they could have done. They basically gave people false hope for almost a year then took it away and seem to have played them for fools. THAT'S the problem, IMO and while i have a 1020 and dont actually want W10 on it I can fully understand why people are pissed with yet another stupid, moronic move by the incompetent management at Microsoft.

Totally agree!
It's because of this turn around that I'm frustrated with this.
They claimed this more than once and now they turn the other way around. Not good in my perspective.

Castform

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site

Hi guys,

Best regards.

I think even if your device does not get redstone, your device is still Windows 10 Mobile through windows insider.
All future apps for windows 10 should still work for your device even if your device is not redstone or any new versions.

I don't think Maps in 8.1 will stay equal to 10. W10M afterall have more functions for Maps to use compared to 8.1.

Saikat Halder

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site

I use Lumia 720, denim update, pre historic age phone, when dinosaurs used to post their lunch pics on instagram, I waited waited waited waited...Lumia 930 released, was eager to buy, then came negative feedback and heating isse, again waited patiently. bcz i like windows OS. i like the camera, the battery the good looks of lumia and clean interface...now my 720 is 3 years old, lags a lot. gets hanged every 3,4 days. it freezes for 4,5 hours until battery drains out. this is irritating, whatsapp crashes...pathetics situation, camera also lags...so planeed to buy Lumia 950, but due its software issuesand lots of negative comments and app gap, i did not buy it.. i need coursera app, i need housing app, and amex app, which is not there, uber app is not updated...fb lags :crying::crying::crying:
...MS has screwd it big time, in my college, many of my friends had windows phone...620 owner bought samsung j5, 430 owner bought moto g, 720 owner bought mi 4i, 820 owner bought galaxy note 3...some other guys also bought nexus...i need a new phone in next 2 months. and I am going to buy xiaomi mi 5, becz i can not afford i phone or galaxy s7, and lumia 950 is too much trouble with a over priced phone...mi 5 is giving snapdragon 820 processor with 3 gb ram...xiaomi may also support windows 10 in future if MS releases wp10 for xiaomi...in that case if i dont like android, then i can switch back to windows...mi 5 is giving a better hardware, better in every aspect than lumia 950. i am a loyal user. i have win 10 in my laptop also, which works fine. but for phone...i needed more which i am not getting. 950 is over priced... m frm india...:crying::crying::crying:

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site

Well, first of all, some people will leave because they feel betrayed. I left Blackberry after they messed us with BB10, promising it on the Playbook and then reneging. Then MS did me and others with RT. In my case, there is no good alternative for my 920, in Canada, except the 950, from the Microsoft Store, and it is too expensive for my needs. So, I will, probably hang in for a while but (I don't believe I'm saying this) might go Android.

ruthietootie

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Tried to install the Insiders Preview last night on my L820. The download took so long, I restarted my phone a few times as I thought it was stuck. Finally reached the wheel spinning stage and it crashed. I'll try it again tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077