Status
Not open for further replies.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 520, 720, 920, 1020, 1320 Owners

do the same, on my L1020, L925

I have both of these and won't bother with WM10 on either one anymore since I have the Alcatel One Touch Fierce XL which is a W10 phone.

I'm almost sure everyone with unsupported devices will eventually move up or discontinue using W10 on older phones when the glitches pop up continually.
The best support of the Windows platform would be to grab a better 4 core phone in my opinion.

Why torture yourself with ancient hardware on a shaky experimental OS update.
The smart ones will give in and move up.

Face it Nokia on Windows Phone 8 was king yet those days are gone.

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
WM 10 insider build killed my 1320 ,so I got rid of it and I never intended to upgrade my 1020 ,so it will be on 8.1 forever...I am happy with my Android and 1020 on 8.1 ..didn't like and don't want any WM 10 device anymore..

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

FranOz

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Although I feel abandoned, I think I have thought a proper solution for everybody. My proposal is that everybody ask for a decent discount to Microsoft in order to buy a new Windows 10 phone. If you have a non upgradatable model, they should compensate you with certain amount of discount because they promised us that our phone would was in the list. If you are a Windows insider (I'm not), they should compensate you even with a higher amount of discount, because you have been compromised with Microsoft for free and they have been saving lots of money not paying to professional betatesters. Doing so, I think most of us will be happy again with Microsoft.
Does anybody here thinks that this could be a good solution?

Emanuel Manole

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Although I feel abandoned, I think I have thought a proper solution for everybody. My proposal is that everybody ask for a decent discount to Microsoft in order to buy a new Windows 10 phone. If you have a non upgradatable model, they should compensate you with certain amount of discount because they promised us that our phone would was in the list. If you are a Windows insider (I'm not), they should compensate you even with a higher amount of discount, because you have been compromised with Microsoft for free and they have been saving lots of money not paying to professional betatesters. Doing so, I think most of us will be happy again with Microsoft.

Yeah but microsoft wouldn't do that..what about a petition ? For at least keep us in the insider program ,or for microsoft to reavaluate the unsuported devices.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

No
Simply not the way things work.
These phones were viable for many satisfied users for a worthy period of time.
There's no warranty for alleged promises considered as broken.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

There's a clear wrote sentence in Microsoft declarations, a standard for all OEM in warranty scripts

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Lt1200lt, Your point is exactly why ms doesn't want to be in phone market. No one working in phone stores will ever recommend it. But you go to pc section of best buy and ms is what they recommend. So if the "phone" is sold as a pc in the pc area, it will be recommended. And that's how it will slowly gain recognition. You have to position yourself in a market you're already known in. But change that market to something new. Then others will catch on. People in the area will become curious if phones are on display acting like pc's. And pc manufacturers like hp/lenovo and dell will jump on it. But ms needs to perfect it instead of focusing on existing phones. It sucks' but they can't afford more time. Google already had windowed mode working in android N. They have a huge market share too. If they beat ms to it, ms will never compete.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
This is what MS should have lead with. Can never or will ever understand why announce anything now and a year later either release it or partially so. What they should have done is to say W10M will be released to as many devices as possible to give the best experience towards your upgrade and we will be monitoring through our insider programs which devices give the most issues and will decide on the next step forward based on user reviews. With this in mind it's our main interest to have all on W10M with best experience possible, so look forward to some currently in use devices to not being able to get the update due to hardware limitations. We do hope for your understanding and accept you will move forward with us to make this OS the best it can be.

Now if anyone at MS had the intelligence for dummies handbook that would have been a statement or something close to it released to the public on w10m announcement LAST YEAR.

What that would've done is to have consumers waiting with expectation to see their devices on the list and in the mean time accept to start looking for that upgrade device in case their current device isn't on the list. Then when the list is released those on it = happy/satisfied, those not on it = disappointed, but know which device they're going to upgrade to get on the w10m platform.

I agree, but they bit off more than they can chew. They believed they could do it in a timely fashion. But instead took bad pr for postponing the release.

n m

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 520, 720, 920, 1020, 1320 Owners

No one should really be pissed, MS has thrown every generation of phone users under a bus, this is situation normal.
Having said that, I love 8.1 on my 925 and have no thoughts of changing.

Joshua Mendes

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Not being a case of sour grapes, but WM10 even though was a decent daily driver on my Lumia 720, its still better to run 8.1 with the best feature being the camera quality of 8.1. Even though the features and looks of 10 are better than 8.1 the camera picture qualities of 8.1 is worth not upgrading to 10.

jorgeservin91

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone! Well... A few days ago my Lumia 920 was discharging like crazy. One night it went from 100% to 20% in 6 hours when I was sleeping. Then the news about it not getting the update combined with the dying battery problem made me look for a replacement.

The 950 & 950 XL are not available in Paraguay. Every time I ask for it, everybody tells me they don't have any info.

Then, I decided that a 930 might be a good replacement, so I started to look for one. I couldn't find anyone! I told myself "this can't be happening!".

I am a Microsoft fan, and I used to be a Nokia fan. I know that my phone is old and needs to be replaced if I want to enjoy Windows 10 Mobile "officially". But Microsoft's not giving me any choice but to replace my battery if I can find one, and stay like this. A 640 is the newest thing I can find and it is not an option. I want a flagship phone to replace my ex-flagship phone! Not a mid-range that already got a successor that is not available yet.

I won't go Android. I'd rather stay with a feature phone than giving my information and tie my life to Google. iOS is the only route for me if I had to switch, but an iPhone is too expensive for the hardware it has, and its quick model update pace is going to devaluate that.

PS: Apple has a functioning iTunes Store (and a proper sales & support representative), while Microsoft can't even offer me a Groove Pass, or Bing, or various features restricted to the US and other more important countries. It's hard to be a Microsoft fan. :(

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if it's because 930 and such use krait architecture which is 32-bit only. And I know MS wants redstone to go 64-bit. Maybe they only want to support 64-bit. Could be that minimum requirements are:

CPU: 64-bit
Storage: 8gigs, but maybe more haven't looked at the specs for all phones rejected.
Ram: 1 gig

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone! Well... A few days ago my Lumia 920 was discharging like crazy. One night it went from 100% to 20% in 6 hours when I was sleeping. Then the news about it not getting the update combined with the dying battery problem made me look for a replacement.

The 950 & 950 XL are not available in Paraguay. Every time I ask for it, everybody tells me they don't have any info.

Then, I decided that a 930 might be a good replacement, so I started to look for one. I couldn't find anyone! I told myself "this can't be happening!".

I am a Microsoft fan, and I used to be a Nokia fan. I know that my phone is old and needs to be replaced if I want to enjoy Windows 10 Mobile "officially". But Microsoft's not giving me any choice but to replace my battery if I can find one, and stay like this. A 640 is the newest thing I can find and it is not an option. I want a flagship phone to replace my ex-flagship phone! Not a mid-range that already got a successor that is not available yet.

I won't go Android. I'd rather stay with a feature phone than giving my information and tie my life to Google. iOS is the only route for me if I had to switch, but an iPhone is too expensive for the hardware it has, and its quick model update pace is going to devaluate that.

PS: Apple has a functioning iTunes Store (and a proper sales & support representative), while Microsoft can't even offer me a Groove Pass, or Bing, or various features restricted to the US and other more important countries. It's hard to be a Microsoft fan. :(

It could be licensing or anything else. Android OEMs also never do world wide. Apple is the only one that does.

But yah I get Cortana being region based, but the store should be global. Only make pricing region based. It's not like when I use Steam the games have different ratings and comments based on what region i'm in. The store just shows the correct currency/price.

And if an app is made in English and therefore people in paraguay can't get it, it should be easily rectified by having a button nearby to install a supported language pack. You can install English for example, but it shouldn't matter if it's default, the app should just use it if it's there.

If MS can't sell it in Paraguay because of some restriction, then they should just have a message clearly stating restriction. It would educate consumers rather than confusing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss