Will the L925 receive the W10 upgrade?

fabriziodb

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
HI, i just installed Upgrade Advisor from store, it reports the my phone is not supported for upgrade. It means i will never receive the upgrade?

Thanks.

Cruachan 11

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
I think it's likely to get an official update, just not yet. I've been running Insider builds on mine for months though, with few issues.

Meridius55

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
People, haven't you read the news? If your device isn't on the official Win10 launch list, it will never get the upgrade. This includes the 925 aswell.

SatinSpellbinder

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
MS have made it clear- no W10 upgrade for the Lumia 925.
But having downloaded and run the official upgrade advisor on my 925 I'm actually pleased because it clearly states that W10 cannot support notifications of emails, missed calls or messages on live tiles, which is one of my favourite things on Wphone.
I'll happily stick with my 8.1 thanks!

Cruachan 11

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Where was this news, I must have glossed over that part.

Makes no sense to me as the 925 is working fine with 10586.164 and does show all the missed calls, emails and messages on Live Tiles. MS also said that they would not abandon Windows 8 phones except perhaps those with 512mb memory.

Cruachan 11

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
OK, whilst I'm not greatly bothered by this as I'm already running the "official" build but from the insider channel, and my phone is nearly 3 years old which is ancient in phone terms, changing at this stage to abandoning native 8.0 devices with no warning is pretty poor. I get that there have been issues for some people, and those with issues are always likely to be more vocal than those without, but after the 7 to 8 fiasco MS explicitly said they wouldn't do this again.

SatinSpellbinder

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
There's no point in having W10 if it messes the phone up and provides an unsatisfactory experience. MS based its decision on feedback from 1,000s of users. I don't see that as abandoning W8.1 users.

Cruachan 11

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
That's why I suggested on another thread that the 925 and other devices should be included.

The upgrade is opt-in for those getting it through the official channel, and as we have seen from these forums performance has varied wildly for some users on the same device and build. Apart from poor battery life early on, my 925 has been and remains rock solid. I would choose to opt-in, but some might not due to having had issues.

If the announcement had been that x2x users were officially getting 10586.164 (if they want it) but won't get redstone or any builds beyond 10586 I think there would be a lot less resentment than there has been, as the choice we thought we had to upgrade has been talen away.

I'll be sticking with the insider build I have now, and any further that I might get BTW, I'm not abandoning W10M as some have said. I'm just saying that I can understand why some people on x2x devices are not happy right now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos