Why do you think older phone not getting windows 10 mobile.

ajaya p

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
android is already stable with no limitations so android not released updates for there phone.
windows phone already a buggy and fully limitations OS but Microsoft not released update for there phone. That's not far.
after 1 year of half development of windows 10 mobile Microsoft set this type updating problem to there phones. what is guarantee to microsoft release windows 10 mobile to newer WP after a year.
so i think i wait 1-2 month if Microsoft doesn't cut the limitation i switch to android.
what's your choice?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Older versions of Android were not stable and none of the 2013 phones except the Nexus 5 is being supported. If you are really looking for support then pay the price and move to Apple. I don't see anything wrong with what Microsoft has done. If a particular product cannot run the OS why spend time tweaking the OS to support it?

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm not defending the decision, but I fully understand why they did it.

They got a lot of feedback indicating a large number of problems with certain older phones, and had to choose between X and Y, where X is the number of people who will be mad if they don't get the update, and Y is the number of people who will be mad if they do get it and the experience is terrible. They determined that Y > X, simple as that. For members of X, they can use Insider.

Kimmo Toivanen

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Kind of like Cortana - you can't get it untill it is fully localized. x20 phones - can't get upgrade because it does not fully work (and MS does not have resources and/or will to optimize firmware etc). Compared to how 122 or previous builds worked on my 640, the line between "works" and "doesn't work" must be drawn to the water.
So their options: 1) disappoint (no upgrade), 2) disappoint (works bad), 3) disappoint later (hard work to make TH2 run well, future problems with RS1) - which is the best option?

Still it is Bad Publicity for Microsoft. WP7.5 and Windows RT again. I don't know the statistics, how big portion of WP8.1 phones currently in use will not receive update. 30%? 50%? 70%?

About android: Android 4.4 is 2,5 years old. If the device receives security updates (*), I don't see anything bad with that old version. Majority of apps works with 4.4 and they will be updated.
WP8.1 is 2 years old (last update on that? GDR2 on selected devices, GDR1 for others) and W10M is brand new and likely to get updates every month. What do they have that android 4.4 + apps do not? Here on android is better than Here on WP8.1 or Maps on W10.
Of course memory management is quite different. While WP with 8GB + card has no problems, I would not choose android phones with less than 16GB. Google apps updates and poor ability to move apps to SD card are reasons for that.

We could also look at hardware. Does there exist indows phone with phase detection focus? I will be somewhat interested in what 2016 version of Moto G will be like. It's hard to say where current 2015 G would be positioned in Windows phone map, maybe somewhere between 830 and 950 in features, slightly above 650 in price. Perfect mid-range WP, except without WP ;)

(*) I bought Huawei Y360 for cheap, in case if I could use it in electronics projects. WP8.1/W10M will not allow some things to be done (send/receive SMS or email without user action) and it was secure against stagefright. Test does not have the latest exploit, so it remains to be seen if more security updates will follow or not.

justonlumia

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
In addition to the above, those who want to stick to the old phones for a long time are not worth the extra time, resources and effort , simple business decision especially when the overall numbers themselves are small.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium