Microsoft Cheated Lumia Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaximumFate

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I this so Serious, Microsoft keep promising from the earlier release of windows 10 mobile, saying all lumia will get the windows 10 mobile OS for compulsory update.
But now , no update for 512MB devices. I will keep away from lumia devices. Microsoft told, they provide windows 10 has a service. and after some time, this gonna be stoped, by giving some bad reason. RIP MICROSOFT whole bunch cheaters. If you can't keep up you'r word , don't lie to the consumers.

Last edited by a moderator:

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
re:

I this so Serious, Microsoft keep promising from the earlier release of windows 10 mobile, saying all lumia will get the windows 10 mobile OS for compulsory update.
But now , no update for 512MB devices. I will keep away from lumia devices. Microsoft told, they provide windows 10 has a service. and after some time, this gonna be stoped, by giving some bad reason. RIP MICROSOFT whole bunch cheaters. If you can't keep up you'r word , don't lie to the consumers.

the decision was solely made on insider reviews on stability and performance. hardware restrictions are the major cause here as most of the now unsupported windows 10 devices are with snapdragon s4 processors. as of now these remain unsupported.

promises were made but because of the unsatisfactory performance of win 10 on those devices this decision was made. microsoft did do well by upgrading majority of upgradeable devices including low end 435. here we notice that minimum SoC requirement for windows 10 seems to be snapdragon 200 processor which are found in 435 low end and also recently launched 650 .

microsoft has even declared there wont be any second wave of windows 10 upgrade. while lumia icon is still being considered. whereas high end 925 is left behind. so its all about the outdated hardware which is the major culprit here.

Cruachan 11

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
re:

Thing is, they always said the 512mb devices might not get the update or might get a version with reduced functionality. Every other device was supposed to get it, and to spring the announcement on everyone with an x2x that they won't on launch day is very poor of Microsoft, especially after they abandoned all the 7 devices when they moved to 8 as well.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re:

[WARN]Mobile Nations Sites are Family Friendly.

Cuss all you want in your living room, but keep it off the forum.

Foul language is not tolerated here.[/WARN]

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
re:

I feel your pain. My phone (Lumia 810) won't be upgradeable either, even though it is technically capable. Mainly because the carrier won't validate newer firmware (stuck on Amber and technically on WP8.0, as I have to use the developer preview to get to 8.1).

So... I'm just waiting to see what the newer phones look like when they come out, and I will be getting a non-branded phone. Hopefully the one I pick won't be orphaned quickly (I have a knack of picking those).

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
re:

Maybe everyone wanted 10 on the preview but were to bothered to give any feedback.
As a Windows Insider, you get the Windows Feedback app, which makes it easy to send your thoughts straight to us. We know you early adopters aren't shy, so bring it on. We want to hear the good, the bad, and the kludgy.

triageatdawn

May 31, 2015
Visit site
re:

There's lots of people planning on leaving the platform soon and I was told the same - they feel cheated and disappointed. I'm not going to pick sides or blame anyone, it's just an observation of this complicated situation our community has to deal with right now. And it gives you something to think about. How will this reflect on Windows Mobile and ultimately those of us who don't dig Android and iOS one bit? Our community keeps getting smaller with time which is starting to creep me out.

luxnws

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
re:

So where are the ambulance chasing attorneys threatening to file class action lawsuits? lmao

But seriously, it wouldn't be a surprise if people tried to get the FTC or on a more local level their BBB involved.

WScarlet

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
re:

I must say I've always recommended windows phones as I liked where company/OS was heading, but after being stung from win7 phones not being upgraded to win8 and now after recommending some win8 phones that won't be upgraded to win10, I doubt ill be recommending anymore windows phones. Going to look like a fool as Ive already told them they would be upgraded MS just can't keep making huge mistakes if they want to get anywhere, I'll still stick to my windows phone as android is crappy and ios is just over priced.

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
re:

I feel your pain. My phone (Lumia 810) won't be upgradeable either, even though it is technically capable. Mainly because the carrier won't validate newer firmware (stuck on Amber and technically on WP8.0, as I have to use the developer preview to get to 8.1).

So... I'm just waiting to see what the newer phones look like when they come out, and I will be getting a non-branded phone. Hopefully the one I pick won't be orphaned quickly (I have a knack of picking those).

Wow! The 810 was my first smartphone on T-Mobile in Dec. 2012. Glad to hear you are still using it.
I have to say that phone was the smoothest experience I have had on a windows phone. I now wish I had kept it. Solid phone that was eol'd too soon.

halflifecrysis

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm not even switching off .164 on my Lumia 1520 to get an "official update" because as soon as I do I'd go right back to preview for the last build and then I'm not official again.

What's the point? Just keep up with the latest preview builds and your not missing out assuming your phone can run 10 smoothly to begin with.

NatKingColeslaw

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
re:

Lol at all the people expecting perfection with the insider builds, leaving awful feedback, only to help ruin the chances of them getting the upgrade. Lots of back pedaling now. "But but but, it was fine on my x20, even though I complained about it nonstop before."

Signed, 822 owner

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
re:

I'm not even going to bother to read beyond the first post. Look guys, Microsoft NEVER explicitly promised to update all Windows phones to Windows 10 Mobile. They said their GOAL was to update all Windows phones, but this is what they get for telling us anything. Because they were cautiously optimistic long before they had any concrete answers about what would be possible, half the Windows world is yelling and whining because they think they were cheated. Microsoft did exactly what was expected of them and it's a whole lot better than a lot of other companies. They said they'd TRY to update as many phones as humanly possible, than let us all have VERY early access through the Windows Insider program, and carefully and meticulously evaluated the performance and reliability of every phone that joined the Insider program. After months of testing and developing it became clear that some Windows phones CANNOT run Windows 10 Mobile safely. So Microsoft, intent on providing the best experience possible, has to take all these hits because people don't understand that, sometimes, three year old phones can't run the latest software. Microsoft never made promises, they made optimistic hints that they would do their best, and they did. They sure did a lot better than anything but a Nexus device on Android, and Android Central even took note of that, if no one noticed that happened. You know what? Well done Microsoft. You're taking a hit for no reason, but well done. The update is going much smoother than most people expected, even if it's apparently just not good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte