Just updated to W10M? Read this!

Olumayowa Odebiyi

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Files? media? you can bring them over to the desktop then add them after? or just use onedrive :)

Thanks for the tip! All done!! The phone works easily. It's fun, it's cool and just awesome. Plus it's got all my materials too....yep! Files, media and all!!! When were getting materials at the office, guys are looking got their flash drives, I just hook up my phone and start reading the transferred documents right away....

Just one of the perks, apart from the phone looking so cool at the same time... Yes!!!

Canjok

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I upgraded to the official Win10 mobile on my Lumia 830 a few days ago. I quite like many elements of it, but I've come across a few bugs that are a little bit annoying:

• Battery charging. I've noticed the battery drains a bit quicker than on WinP8.1, but it doesn't surprise me because it is a slightly more sophisticated OS. BUT, what I do find quite annoying is that charging seems to be at somewhere less than half the speed on WinP8.1. It takes ages. And I feel the slow speed of charging seems disproportionate to the increased drain speed.
  • "Microsoft Photos plug-in" - This app is listed in my updates in Store. (I don't even know what it is...) It always comes up with an error - apparently it needs to be installed on device memory instead of SD-card. No problem, I accept the settings override - the same error comes up again. So I go into settings, change the default location for new apps to device memory, go back to Store, try again - same error. This is sitting there, stuck in the downloads queue.
  • Groove Music - playing music via bluetooth. In WinP8.1, I connected to my car audio and it displayed artist/album/song and I could use the car audio controls to skip tracks, etc. Now, it only displays "bluetooth audio" and I cannot control playback from the car at all. I have a 2011 Seat Leon with fully-integrated bluetooth handsfree etc. It's a Volkswagen kit.
  • Microsoft app updates: Just a day or two ago there were updates for many MS apps, Photos/Camera/Office mobile. Somewhere I read this is only available for those with the Redstone update. Is this true? Shame if so...
If anyone else has come across these bugs, and knows a good way to deal with them, please let me know. I'd love any advice.

I'm not sure, but I think you have to change the already installed plugin from sd card to main storage. Where you can change the new apps location, you can tap on your sd card, then on apps. There you should take all MS Apps and put them to your main storage, sothat all new updates simply work and you don't have to worry about them.

jeffmparker

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
I had to replace my trusty old Lumia 1020 as it died, and bought a Lumia 950. Tried the backup restore and ran into lots of troubles, so ended up doing a fresh install of Windows 10 Mobile, which has been mostly pretty good. Only issues are that a) not all Text Messages have downloaded, b) the People app doesn't now draw contact data from Twitter and LinkedIn, and c) the HERE mapping apps no longer work, which I heavily utilised. These issues are a real pain. Any advice please?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I had to replace my trusty old Lumia 1020 as it died, and bought a Lumia 950. Tried the backup restore and ran into lots of troubles, so ended up doing a fresh install of Windows 10 Mobile, which has been mostly pretty good. Only issues are that a) not all Text Messages have downloaded, b) the People app doesn't now draw contact data from Twitter and LinkedIn, and c) the HERE mapping apps no longer work, which I heavily utilised. These issues are a real pain. Any advice please?

1 - messages will come in next hours / days
2 - did you installed twitter app and enabled it for showing in Contacts? I'm not sure Linkedin is working as Fb and Tw
3 - Here was closed months ago (sold by Nokia to a luxury car consortium).
Now there's Microsoft Maps. But there are extremely valid 3rd pparty free gps, lice the ultra famous Sygic, or Waze, updated by users and with traffic info realtime

Mikeb99

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Re: W10M - Bugs and issues (non-insider)

Another issue concerning 640 Dual SIM LTE!

When using both SIMs real problems with Microsoft's own applications for News and Weather, neither of them work reliably and almost always crash when starting from either the live tile or the application directly. They worked pretty well OK with only one SIM. I have now replaced MSN News by Euronews and MSN Weather by Accuweather and both are 100% reliable and start rapidly on dual SIM operation.

It seems very strange to me that the only apps that don't work well with Windows 10M are Microsoft's own! I am currently on 14393.321

Anyone any useful ideas?

Mike

Lilla45

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I recently upgraded my AT&T Lumia 640XL LTE (Single SIM version) phone to Windows 10 Mobile from Windows 8.1 Phone using Microsoft's Upgrade Advisor app. Initially I had problems getting notifications for Outlook Mail. However, these issues have been resolved. My ISSUES and SOLUTIONS are posted in the Microsoft answers forum (click on the link below).

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mobiledevices/forum/mdlumia-mdw10phone/issues-with-notifications-for-outlook-mail-on/11acae88-0eb5-418d-8a66-09e0f93d745e?tm=1479859691015

Hope this helps someone else,
Lilla

Last edited:

rahool360

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
kind of disappointed I am going to sell my lumia 950, Microsoft removing support for their own apps shows what they think about their devices!!!

Kot Prada

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
kind of disappointed I am going to sell my lumia 950, Microsoft removing support for their own apps shows what they think about their devices!!!

"kind of disappointed" in Your comment here. I've just bought Lumia 950 XL a month ago and am absolutely happy. But Your comment here is absolutely irrelevant.

Kot Prada

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
I recently upgraded my AT&T Lumia 640XL LTE (Single SIM version) phone to Windows 10 Mobile from Windows 8.1 Phone using Microsoft's Upgrade Advisor app. Initially I had problems getting notifications for Outlook Mail. However, these issues have been resolved. My ISSUES and SOLUTIONS are posted in the Microsoft answers forum (click on the link below).

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mobiledevices/forum/mdlumia-mdw10phone/issues-with-notifications-for-outlook-mail-on/11acae88-0eb5-418d-8a66-09e0f93d745e?tm=1479859691015

Lilla

Thank You! But I had no problem with upgrading 2 of my 640's.

Brenda King

Jun 13, 2017
Visit site

Lilla

Thanks for the tip!

grob9642

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Thanks so much for your post! This helped me fix a very irritating problem! I love these forums for this and many other reasons. GlGl

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site

Lilla

Thanks for those tips, very helpful indeed!

Cheers

Jatzcrackers

Sep 16, 2017
Visit site

I think its better go really go to Android the pain is not worth it anymore! :unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat:

teaglass

Aug 19, 2017
Visit site
The camera app for wm8.1 was a far better experience for me than the w10..i feel it regressed instead of improved..so disappointed..
You are probably right, still use WP8.1 (private) and W10M (work) and still like the agility of WP8.1. What is now becoming a huge problem however is the way the Internet Explorer on the WP8.1 phone is acting. It crashes and responds in unexpected ways more and more, making WP8.1 not a serious option anymore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)