Lumia 640XL with WP10 NOT showing up in Macbook Pro

ak_r7

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
My 640 XL running WP10 version .164 is not showing up in macbook pro .
I know windows phone and mac have some compatibility issues, do we have any workaround for this ?
<< I basically want to transfer music from mac to my lumia, and i don't want to use cloud to upload /download for this>>

Thanks

underw8

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I would forget about the usb cable and share my music folder thru SMB or AFP on the mac, then use an app like Metro File Manager on the phone to pull the files.

i think syncing via iTunes is quite messy when you can do a direct copy/paste in Windows.

edit: i have a similar set up with an 640xl and mbp early 2011 btw

ak_r7

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I would forget about the usb cable and share my music folder thru SMB or AFP on the mac, then use an app like Metro File Manager on the phone to pull the files.

i think syncing via iTunes is quite messy when you can do a direct copy/paste in Windows.

edit: i have a similar set up with an 640xl and mbp early 2011 btw

Pardon my ignorance but what is SMB/AFP?
( i am new to mac and i hate it :eck: )

underw8

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Pardon my ignorance but what is SMB/AFP?
( i am new to mac and i hate it :eck: )

You can use this Apple documentation to set up a share on your mac (you want the Sharing Files section): support.apple.com/en-us/HT204445

Also look in Advanced Options and see if SMB is enabled.

Then on your phone, you can download Metro File Manager (or something similar) to connect to the share you created above. On MFM, access your SMB share like: smb://yourmacsip/folder/xxx/yyy/. Enter your username and password if applicable.

You should now be able to transfer files to and from your phone/mac.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs