Where did my pictures and documents go?!

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have read responses from similar posts. I originally upgraded to windows 10 and at first I couldn't find my documents or photos. I was then able to locate it under the windows.old file in which I dragged the photos and documents to file explorer. One thing I noticed was my personalization was not the same so I set up my background image, etc. THEN, a day later my computer restarted and had all of my previous settings before I did the upgrade and that's when I lost my photos and documents. I couldn't find it in windows.old, network, hard drive, owner, etc. So I decided to revert back to windows 7; again docs and pics not there. Finally, I upgraded back to windows 10 as I feel my files are gone for good. I did not delete anything so I don't understand why it is gone. I am VERY upset as 7 years of memories are all gone!

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Idk where have they gone after you found them in .old folder. But its always good to have external drive like Western Digital Passport to backup everything once in while. Just remember a) dont set password on it b) if you set password dont let anybody touch it because after 3-4 attempts to open it gets locked

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb