GPS runs every time I unlock the phone, why?

misterbirra

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
GPS runs every time I unlock the phone

Hello, I've finally updated my Nokia Lumia 735 from WP 8.1 to WM 10 few days ago, when the upgrade became available. The steps I made have been very simple:
- Upgraded from 8.1 to 10.0.10586.107
- Upgraded from 10.0.10586.107 to 10.0.10586.164
- Hard reset to clean everything
- Final update of all the Store apps

So now the OS is working ok, without seeing critical issues apart from a higher battery usage compared to WP8. I know there are many threads about it, but there is something that makes me feel really disappointed: every time I unlock the phone, the GPS icon appears and stays on for, like, 10 seconds... even if I lock/unlock the phone without waiting more than a minute.
This behavior is clearly different from the one on WP8 and it seems one of the reasons of the battery drain. Since I need the GPS functionality for Maps, I enabled it in Privacy -> Position, but I don't see another section to tune it and make it run less frequently.

Do you see that too? Can you help me?
Thanks

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: GPS runs every time I unlock the phone

Hello, I've finally updated my Nokia Lumia 735 from WP 8.1 to WM 10 few days ago, when the upgrade became available. The steps I made have been very simple:
- Upgraded from 8.1 to 10.0.10586.107
- Upgraded from 10.0.10586.107 to 10.0.10586.164
- Hard reset to clean everything
- Final update of all the Store apps

So now the OS is working ok, without seeing critical issues apart from a higher battery usage compared to WP8. I know there are many threads about it, but there is something that makes me feel really disappointed: every time I unlock the phone, the GPS icon appears and stays on for, like, 10 seconds... even if I lock/unlock the phone without waiting more than a minute.
This behavior is clearly different from the one on WP8 and it seems one of the reasons of the battery drain. Since I need the GPS functionality for Maps, I enabled it in Privacy -> Position, but I don't see another section to tune it and make it run less frequently.

Do you see that too? Can you help me?
Thanks

Swipe down Notification Center -> Show more -> Disable Position.
You can enable it ONLY when you need

GPS is used in a lot of core apps, first Meteo, then Calendar, Photos, Updates, Store.....

misterbirra

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site

Swipe down Notification Center -> Show more -> Disable Position.
You can enable it ONLY when you need

GPS is used in a lot of core apps, first Meteo, then Calendar, Photos, Updates, Store.....

I don't see it as a great solution, because it forces me to re-enable the position every time I have to use Maps, Meteo, Camera (for exif info) and so on... it becomes really annoying.
The question is... what is the app or service that needs to track my position every time I unlock the phone? :eck:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I don't see it as a great solution, because it forces me to re-enable the position every time I have to use Maps, Meteo, Camera (for exif info) and so on... it becomes really annoying.
The question is... what is the app or service that needs to track my position every time I unlock the phone? :eck:

Start with Messages, Contacts in privacy settings. Everything you got on live tiles then

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre