Facebook NEW W10M Universal app LEAKS

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I've never understood the complaints about the Microsoft app. while it lagged behind in features I personally never had the experience that many people. Have said they had.

It loads data slow, slow to load comments, pictures, the app crashes frequently, and it's not stable the beta and main app.

Every other app loads fine 6tag, instagram, mtalk, read it, disqus etc its only this Facebook app I even tried moving it to device memory it's still sluggish and slow

Sent from mTalk

Shobiz

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
It will lose People hub integration. So I don't care for it. The current app does everything I need. But Sedp23 makes valid points

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
It will lose People hub integration. So I don't care for. The current app does everything I need. But this guy makes valid points ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The people hub is pretty much dead. I just want it to sync contact info over I could care less about syncing feeds to the people hub anymore I don't even use it for that anymore

Sent from mTalk

B_Hawk

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by Sedp23
Originally Posted by Shobiz
It will lose People hub integration. So I don't care for. The current app does everything I need. But this guy makes valid points ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The people hub is pretty much dead. I just want it to sync contact info over I could care less about syncing feeds to the people hub anymore I don't even use it for that anymore

Sent from mTalk

I miss the native hubs concept so bad. It was one of the few differentiators that gave WP its identity.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
This is old news, but I didn't know so few people knew about it

People knew, but a small problem had arisen............ We didn't know if there would be a mobile version. Most articles explicitly stated that FB were working on a universal app for PC. Another common theory was that it would be released for PC and the current two apps developed by MS would remain for mobile

So now we have proof

B_Hawk

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by ven07
Originally Posted by B_Hawk
Why did assume that it will lose the integration?

Because it is developed by a 3rd party and the OS doesn't allow many apps to interact directly, however this is changing somewhat with w10 lol

No, actually it being developed by a 3rd party doesn't conclude that, Twitter integrates with the people hub and is made by Twitter, so it's not a rule. If this required a special access I am sure Microsoft would allow it! But I think the API for integration is accessible by developers (not sure though)

B_Hawk

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Sent from mTalk
I still use the people hub daily, and I hate the way the new Twitter app has stopped integration with the people hub. I'm hoping the FB app will continue to integrate with it.

B_Hawk

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by Muessig
Originally Posted by Sedp23

Sent from mTalk
I still use the people hub daily, and I hate the way the new Twitter app has stopped integration with the people hub. I'm hoping the FB app will continue to integrate with it.
I am sure it will return in a future update. This app has been written again from scratch, so they ought to add features to it soon. :)

Davide Carozza

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
This thread is making me miss the good ol' days when all my messages were in one place and I didn't have to worry if someone had texted me or used Facebook, etc. Man it sucks that they took that away. Then again, other things have come a long way since 8.0.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Because they like to complain...period. There are issues with our current version, but it's useable.

It's not usable. It's slow, it freezes it constantly crashes , its outdated missing features, composing statuses and posting pictures not a reliable app at all

Sent from mTalk

B_Hawk

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
It's not usable. It's slow, it freezes it constantly crashes , its outdated missing features, composing statuses and posting pictures not a reliable app at all

Sent from mTalk
I wwouldn't say it's totally unusable, but it's time we have a full app for once!

B_Hawk

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by dalydose
Originally Posted by Nogitsune Micah
I've never understood the complaints about the Microsoft app. while it lagged behind in features I personally never had the experience that many people. Have said they had.

Because they like to complain...period. There are issues with our current version, but it's useable.

Why do we like to kid ourselves and act like it's all green? The app lacks some basic features, and performance-wise it's not that great either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett