How do I install Android apps on a Windows phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Windows Central Question

how to install android apps in windows phone 10 any options.

damonator98

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: how to install android apps in windows phone

Thats a bit sad, such potential... wasted... They could've allowed to install these apps at least temporarily till they're able to offer them on MS store. Make the installation process hard so only experianced powerusers would be able to do this and voila, happy community (at least some of) with apps and this beautiful, mininalistic os.!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The other issue is that this would have created rampant piracy. The developers were supposed to port their Android apps. It was never meant to be something where ordinary users could just install any old Android apps they felt like installing on Windows 10 Mobile.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Is this a blanket statement?
Which ones do you consider inferior?
Are the Microsoft built apps for Android garbage?

I want nothing Google related in my phone and as i said when Astoria was a thing, it slows hardware down. Notice how laggy the builds with astorias were and immediately after it was tremovred improvements were noticed..

Microsoft apps are nowhere as better as the Android users of Windows central will have you believe. I noticed improvements and what not, but nothing that makes them immensely better.

Crappy Reddit apps on Android.
YouTube official app just feels a mess.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Place an android phone that has the desired apps installed on top of the Windows Phone you'd like the apps to be installed upon. Place the two phones on a straight roadway. Hop in your car/truck, drive exactly one mile away from the two phones, and turn the vehicle around. Make sure that your Flux Capacitor is functioning as it should. Signal to the Doc that you're ready to roll. As soon as Doc gives you the signal, put the car in drive and apply pressure to the accelerator. You must hit the two phones with your front, right tire at exactly 55 miles per hour in order for the android apps to install correctly. If you don't hit the phones at exactly 55 mph, you will only have two ruined phones. Good luck. ;D

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Place an android phone that has the desired apps installed on top of the Windows Phone you'd like the apps to be installed upon. Place the two phones on a straight roadway. Hop in your car/truck, drive exactly one mile away from the two phones, and turn the vehicle around. Make sure that your Flux Capacitor is functioning as it should. Signal to the Doc that you're ready to roll. As soon as Doc gives you the signal, put the car in drive and apply pressure to the accelerator. You must hit the two phones with your front, right tire at exactly 55 miles per hour in order for the android apps to install correctly. If you don't hit the phones at exactly 55 mph, you will only have two ruined phones. Good luck. ;D

Came home from work in a horrible mood. Read your post and now laughing so hard. Thank you!

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

I want nothing Google related in my phone and as i said when Astoria was a thing, it slows hardware down. Notice how laggy the builds with astorias were and immediately after it was tremovred improvements were noticed..

Microsoft apps are nowhere as better as the Android users of Windows central will have you believe. I noticed improvements and what not, but nothing that makes them immensely better.

No google is fine.
I'm not into Reddit.

YouTube on Android is wonderful.
What is wrong with it exactly?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

Awesome!
Thanx Scienceguy!
Double-triple :grin:

wgs84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

No, that's just you. I would've loved to have Android apps on my Lumia. If you don't like them, don't install them.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

So glad this was cancelled. I don't want Android crapps on my Lumia.

I don't mind the iOS ports though.

Know what, I am not sure on that one. When we had the feature, I used it big time, Yea, I grabbed a few *questionable* apps, to try it with, never mind I had a PC app that would download FREE apps directly from the Play store.

It was nice to have BOA working again (coming soon ! Finally) but, the app was updated all the time so it was a pain to keep it updated (could not log onto it if it was a old version). Some games ran, higher performance games were questionable and choppy, most just crashed 1/2 the time. Most video streaming apps didn't work or had really poor performance.

It could not access any hardware so BOA worked as good as the mobile site, cant deposit checks as cant use the camera. No Pebble watch app, nor 3rd party Google wear watches (no blutooth), Or even GPS didn't work on most apps.

TO the OP, as it did work, it was VERY hit or miss and performance on a higher end phone at the time (ICON) was questionable on most apps.

The only thing I really liked is I had the option of all those missing apps...but, over all it WAS a dispointment and performance of the phone dropped HUGE after about 2 weeks of playing with assorted apps...

Quality of apps was better than MOST WP apps (more updated meaning more features) but, the feel of WP apps are nicer... but, maybe that is me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb