BLU Win Jr LTE may get Win 10M (non US model)

Fudged16

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I contacted Amazon UK initially, as I bought it from them and they are still advertising the phone as being upgradeable to Win 10 on their sales pages. They referred me to BLU, so I contacted them and received the following reply

"Unfortunately the release for this device has been delayed. Our Software Engineers are working with Microsoft to ensure that the new software update is stable for your device. We apologize for the long wait and appreciate your patience."

Please note that this is the non-US model X130E, Snapdragon 410, 1GB of RAM and 8GB of storage

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I contacted Amazon UK initially, as I bought it from them and they are still advertising the phone as being upgradeable to Win 10 on their sales pages. They referred me to BLU, so I contacted them and received the following reply

"Unfortunately the release for this device has been delayed. Our Software Engineers are working with Microsoft to ensure that the new software update is stable for your device. We apologize for the long wait and appreciate your patience."

Please note that this is the non-US model X130E, Snapdragon 410, 1GB of RAM and 8GB of storage

sitback and wait for the bombshell :)

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Isn't that good news? Its confirmation that it will get the upgrade, and also that they're aware of some bugs and are working to fix them before rolling out the upgrade.

Fudged16

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I hope it is good news, as for Amazon and BLU to still be advertising the phone as upgradeable to Windows 10, would be rather blatant misselling otherwise. I believe the non US version if the Win Jr is internally mostly the same as the Win HD, apart from camera and screen resolution, so if the latter can get W10M, the technical issues should be surmountable. Probably :)

I only bought the Win Jr LTE because it claimed to have an upgrade path, as I wanted to see both what Windows Phone 8.1 was like, only ever having used Android and IOS previously and then to see what W10M brought to the party. It seems strange that a phone introduced only recently and with a clear strategy of being upgradeable, should then be found to have some show stoppers for that upgrade.

It is also strange that the phone was never given access to the Insider program, so there cannot have been the same level of feedback, whether positive or negative, that Lumia phones produced. Snapdragon 410, 1GB and 8GB should surely be enough, unless some other low quality component is causing a problem?

Tarun047

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
It's really good on part of BLU if they are fixing the bugs and delaying launch for that reason as, a more stable OS is much better than buggy one. Me too got same reply from BLU and was told that the update is likely to roll out by this month end

Fudged16

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
This month end? That's someone putting their neck on the block, or a few different customer reps just guessing, as I received a further reply from BLU which said

"We apologize for the inconvenience, at this time there are no updates available for your device. We strive to keep our devices as updated as possible, and are always working toward improving the performance we provide. If an update for your device is made available, we will let everyone know through our Facebook fan page. Please check us out on Facebook for all news related to your device."

Which sounds liked a usual canned cover your back response, so it's odd that they should be more definite to you.

Tarun047

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
This month end? That's someone putting their neck on the block, or a few different customer reps just guessing, as I received a further reply from BLU which said

"We apologize for the inconvenience, at this time there are no updates available for your device. We strive to keep our devices as updated as possible, and are always working toward improving the performance we provide. If an update for your device is made available, we will let everyone know through our Facebook fan page. Please check us out on Facebook for all news related to your device."

Which sounds liked a usual canned cover your back response, so it's odd that they should be more definite to you.

They are not specific to me or to anyone, even you would get the same response if you call BLU help line India
No. 9101204970920

Fudged16

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I contacted BLU HQ in the US, as that is where Amazon linked me to, so perhaps the Indian team are more up to speed with the non US version of the phone, as I believe India and the UK have the same one? Hope so, as that would leave us out of the small memory US version problems.

xxjanxx

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I'm not to worried about the exact timeline on this update. I am just very happy to hear that my HD Jr. is getting the windows 10 update. I have tried the 5.0" WIN HD LTE as well, and it is just a little to big for my hands (although it looks really smart in my opinion). I have seen and used windows 10 on other (Microsoft/Lumia) phones and I did like the improvements, so I am really happy to see it coming to my Jr. LTE. I also feel more comfortable with regards to the supported lifetime for this Phone, new apps and secutiy updates will probably eventually only be available for windows 10.

Keep up the good work BLU and please keep making these great value for money windows phones as well as the Androids.

Tarun047

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Good news guys we have been added to Windows device recovery tool and finally our firmware received an upgrade from 15009 to 15023(only through WDRT) so this means we are nearing to Windows 10 update

xxjanxx

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Don't install windows 10 just yet. It bricked my 130e because the touch screen is not in sync with the display, so you can't use the touch screen anymore. Also wdrt doesn't work properly with this particular phone. There is another thread on this topic, watch that if you want to upgrade.

Fudged16

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Just updated my Win Jr LTE (1GB) to Win10 and all seems to be working well, apart from all my email settings have gone AWOL. This was through the built in updater, not by any odd method

Version is 10.0.10586.107

Tarun047

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Just updated my Win Jr LTE (1GB) to Win10 and all seems to be working well, apart from all my email settings have gone AWOL. This was through the built in updater, not by any odd method

Version is 10.0.10586.107

Hey@fudged 16 are you on insider programme ??

Fudged16

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I just used the phone update menu choice in the phones settings. My phone is now downloading the latest stable .318 version, so definitely not insider preview, just normal release

I'm also on that 15009 firmware

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon