How to set the speech for phone accessibility -Windows10 mobile?

Sanjeeva Nagmoti

May 6, 2015
Visit site
How to set the speech for phone accessibility -windows10 mobile

The feature "Speech for phone accessibility" that was available in my Lumia 640xl phone (under ease of access settings) with win 8.1 GDR 2 OS, is missing after upgrading the phone OS to windows 10 (10586.164), so I am unable to hear the caller name/number whenever I get a call. This is a biggest lapse in windows 10 OS, need immediate fix.

Can any one help me to find this setting if really available...its of great help.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to set the speech for phone accessibility -windows10 mobile

The feature "Speech for phone accessibility" that was available in my Lumia 640xl phone (under ease of access settings) with win 8.1 GDR 2 OS, is missing after upgrading the phone OS to windows 10 (10586.164), so I am unable to hear the caller name/number whenever I get a call. This is a biggest lapse in windows 10 OS, need immediate fix.

Can any one help me to find this setting if really available...its of great help.

if you are unable to find the related setting, it is highly recommended to hard reset your device after an upgrade this helps crushing such minor bugs :)

Sanjeeva Nagmoti

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Speech for phone accessibility -windows 10 mobile

Hi,
Earlier I was having windows 8.1 GDR 2 OS on my Lumia 640xl phone, in that there was an option to set the phone to pronounce the caller name/number (in settings>>ease of access>> speech for phone accessibility with US English language).

Now couple of days back the OS was upgraded to windows 10 (10586.164 build), here that option /facility is not been seen, this facility is really very useful for hearing the name/number while we are driving, so that we can receive/reject the call based on the urgency, I am really disappointed for not having that facility, if it is there help me to find that setting.

If this really not available why we need to upgrade to win 10, upgrade means what ? Adding features on the existing ones, or removing and adding fresh ones.

Why the developers does not look onto these basic concept? I can say windows 8.1 GDR 2 OS is really a better option over windows 10.

Can any one help me on this issues? or can I go back to previous OS?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to set the speech for phone accessibility -windows10 mobile

I've merged your two threads into one. Please do not create duplicate threads. It is easier for members to help you if you have a single thread for a specific issue.

Thanks!

Sanjeeva Nagmoti

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi All,

Good news!!! the speech foe phone accessibility for windows 10 mobile with anniversary update for my Lumia 640xl.

Thanks for MS team for bringing it back..

If any one wish to set this..pl follow this
Setting << Ease of access<<more options<<Use speech to announce caller ID.

pl check with different devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos