Which Lumia devices support USB OTG for Audio?

Blake Seaman

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I want to use my Windows Phone (currently 930 Win 10) as my primary listening device with a USB DAC, but it is not clear which lumias support this? Is there a definitive answer or comprehensive list somewhere?

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I want to use my Windows Phone (currently 930 Win 10) as my primary listening device with a USB DAC, but it is not clear which lumias support this? Is there a definitive answer or comprehensive list somewhere?

no your lumia 930 as of now do not support USB OTG.

this feature is hardware restricted. as of now lumia 950/xl supports USB OTG :)

Blake Seaman

May 10, 2014
Visit site
That's upsetting. Continuum and USB OTG are vastly different, and there's no reason newer phones shouldn't have it...

Well, I guess I'll wait for the 950 to fall into the $300 range.

bichaels

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
It is a shame it's not supported and something I was frustrated by before, in the end I decided to go the other way and get a separate hi-res DAP (Sony NWZ-A17) and must say I couldn't be happier. Especially using a 1520 having a super small DAP I can put in my pocket and not notice - while the phone stays in my bag - works really well. Also it has unbelievably good battery life which is great for long journeys and helps spare the phone. Even though I do use Spotify I kind of like that it forces me to keep my own collection as well.
Not saying it would work for you necessarily just thought I'd share. I will probably also be looking at a 950/950xl if prices have dropped a bit in a few months!

Blake Seaman

May 10, 2014
Visit site
That's actually what I used to do, but now I make use of Audible and Groove streaming at times, making switching back and forth too much an annoyance. The nice thing about usb out is that every phone suddenly has the potential to be a top-quality source component. Hopefully this is addressed in future lumias.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea