Phone and People app not working

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My L950 DS (OS .10586.164) is bugged: The Phone app shows no history, favourites or recent numbers above the dial pad. The People app crashes a sec or two after loading.
Already tried to unpin, restart, soft resest. Installed latest Microsoft*** update. Can't remember exactly, screenshot wasn't saved.
Device is on show ring, but the not darkened app list background when switching back from an app isn't fixed ...

Any suggestions/advice, please!?

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
My L950 DS (OS .10586.164) is bugged: The Phone app shows no history, favourites or recent numbers above the dial pad. The People app crashes a sec or two after loading.
Already tried to unpin, restart, soft resest. Installed latest Microsoft*** update. Can't remember exactly, screenshot wasn't saved.
Device is on show ring, but the not darkened app list background when switching back from an app isn't fixed ...

Any suggestions/advice, please!?

I can only really suggest that you hard reset your device. I've not seen the issue with the Phone or People apps before, even on the earlier versions.

Also, the app-list background bug is fixed in the latest redstone build (Fast Ring).

Coeur de lion

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Seeing the same issue on my 950. I wasn't even on insider builds, so I got treated to this on production builds. I am guessing a recent outlook or people app update caused this.

Symptoms:
- People app crashes
- Messaging app crashes
- Phone app not showing history and speed dial list. I can move between the tabs though.
- My outlook, gmail and exchange accounts got cleared from mail as well as calendar app. Adding one of the accounts back gives me a cryptic x80040154
- Notifications erratic with WhatsApp. I only see them inside the app.

That iPhone SE looks really tempting right now :unhappy:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Seeing the same issue on my 950. I wasn't even on insider builds, so I got treated to this on production builds. I am guessing a recent outlook or people app update caused this.

Symptoms:
- People app crashes
- Messaging app crashes
- Phone app not showing history and speed dial list. I can move between the tabs though.
- My outlook, gmail and exchange accounts got cleared from mail as well as calendar app. Adding one of the accounts back gives me a cryptic x80040154

Hard reset time

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site

Symptoms:
- People app crashes
- Messaging app crashes

yeah, and an pair of apple glasses to see what's on screen :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon