Reset phone, restored but no SMS messages?

dillspooch

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Reser phone, restored but no SMS messages

I had a problem with my Lumia 950. Whenever I took a photo, two duplicate photos would be created and uploaded to OneDrive. I searched for a solution, and they mostly indicated a reset was needed. I've done that, and restored from the backup I did just before.

All my apps are back, but no SMS messages. I've done restores before and my SMS messages always came back. Have I lost them? There doesn't seem to be a way to retrieve them.

Incidentally, when my apps restored, some of them had duplicates in the start menu saying 'pending' with a greyed out icon, along with the normal icon. I had to uninstall the app from the normal icon, re-install the app from through the Windows store, and then the greyed out duplicate icon disappeared. A slightly buggy experience!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Reser phone, restored but no SMS messages

I had a problem with my Lumia 950. Whenever I took a photo, two duplicate photos would be created and uploaded to OneDrive. I searched for a solution, and they mostly indicated a reset was needed. I've done that, and restored from the backup I did just before.

All my apps are back, but no SMS messages. I've done restores before and my SMS messages always came back. Have I lost them? There doesn't seem to be a way to retrieve them.

Incidentally, when my apps restored, some of them had duplicates in the start menu saying 'pending' with a greyed out icon, along with the normal icon. I had to uninstall the app from the normal icon, re-install the app from through the Windows store, and then the greyed out duplicate icon disappeared. A slightly buggy experience!

Sometimes and in some areas, sms restore is slower than usual. Did you set Message sync to one Month? If you choose Always, there would be a lot.
Doubled greyed apps could mean you got previous installation apps in SD card, and you don't allowed to delete them when asked in Notification center.
Apps are always downloaded again by the store after an hard reset, so first phone must remove that

dillspooch

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Reser phone, restored but no SMS messages

Thanks for your reply.

Messaging Sync has always been set to 'Any Time'.

I did use to have apps on the SD card but moved them to internal about a month ago, so I guess that could have been a hangover from that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos