Win Mobile 10 questions, can I please get some help?

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Win Mo 10 question

Hi
I am using Nokia Lumia 930 Win 8.1 now. If I update to Win Mo 10, do
a) lose my pics, vids, etc? In other words, do I get my phone as a CLEAN slate?
b) can I have live wallpaper in Win Mo 10?
c) Any known bugs in Win Mo 10 for my 930?
Thanks.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Win Mo 10 question

a) if you upgrade no, you won't lose pics and vids (etc is open to interpretation) - Although it is advisable to perform a backup before upgrading.
To get a 'CLEAN' slate you would have to hard reset after upgrading.
b) Unsure of this
c) If you read the forums people have experienced bugs, especially with the microphones on the Lumia 930.
Myself, on my Lumia 930 I find it very stable on the latest (and official) .164 build. I have no real issues and the microphone problem I haven't tested as I don't record videos or audio on my phone.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site

a) lose my pics, vids, etc? In other words, do I get my phone as a CLEAN slate?

no, you wont lose anything :)

b) can I have live wallpaper in Win Mo 10?

no but there are 3rd party apps that can make it happen :)

c) Any known bugs in Win Mo 10 for my 930?

yes there are inevitable bugs at first after upgrading. the best way to face less bugs and a better experience is to hard reset the device after upgrading :)

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

yes there are inevitable bugs at first after upgrading. the best way to face less bugs and a better experience is to hard reset the device after upgrading :)
Just as an add-on to this statement, I did find a hard reset necessary on earlier preview builds, but I have not had to on the last few builds.
My advice would be to upgrade and only hard reset if you have any issues.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

why not take a precautionary step and hard reset first thing after upgrade
Like I said in my post, I've tried quite a few preview builds now and the last few haven't required a hard reset, as I haven't noticed any issues.
It's user preference, but in my opinion not always necessary.

many users have reported and i have too experienced better performance and battery backup after reset :)
On a Lumia 930?
From my experience in running the preview builds on different spec phones (low end and higher end), I only benefited with a hard reset on earlier preview builds and the last few releases haven't required it.
Also, in my opinion users have got into the habit of doing a hard reset, because of problems seen when the Win10M preview builds were first released (which were very buggy).
However the latest releases have been very stable (again in my opinion).

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Did an upgrade, no data lost. Start screen was restored as it was. I had some issues like some system apps not showing name and icons correctly and also in notifications menu. So decided to do a full HR :)

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site

Just as an add-on to this statement, I did find a hard reset necessary on earlier preview builds, but I have not had to on the last few builds.
My advice would be to upgrade and only hard reset if you have any issues.

I would second this advice as I've had the same experience. Why go through it pre-emptively if it runs fine?

Edit: I see I'm too late. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos