Cortana SMS interaction in W10M vs 8.1 in Car via BT

ricardp23

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
So I'm running into an issue with Cortana after updating my lumia to W10M. Up to now, I've had no issues with Cortana on WP 8.1 reading and replying to SMS via the Bluetooth in my car. Now, after updating to W10M, Cortana doesn't seem as consistent and sometimes will not let me give her commands after giving me the notification. My car has a text message notification system but I'd rather use cortana since it's easier.

Which is my other question, is there a way to set up a pairing on BT so that only your contacts are downloaded but not messages? Right now, it seems like it's either both or neither, which is lame because cortana seems to work a little more reliably if text message notifications are off in my car.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
check the SMS answer to see if it is correct and set to Bluetooth. Cortana, settings, top left, notebook, settings
Can't remember what BT services should be connected to car, at least music and voice, on the phones BT page when connected
SMS, the car system announces through the car speakers, you are replying through the car mic, not into the phone.

You could unpair the phone and car and repair

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)