Prevent Redstone (phone)?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Prevent Redstone (phone)

I'm currently in fast insiders ring on build 107 and was waiting for 164. I just saw the announcement that Redstone was being released to fast ring and I wanted to bail as I don't want it on my daily driver.
When I go to Windows Insider and attempt to select "Production", or I attempt to leave the insider program, it shows an error page saying that I can't configure my device because it is currently preparing an update. I checked the update screen and sure enough.. Redstone.

What can I do to prevent Redstone from sneaking into my phone while I sleep?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Prevent Redstone

Make a backup > Reset your phone > do not restore from backup during the setup. Check for updates manually.

Go to the Insider website to unenroll your device.

If you got .164, then you can do another reset and this time restore your backup. Let Insider download. You can re-enroll if you like at whatever ring you want.

darielmarlow

May 27, 2015
Visit site

Make a backup > Reset your phone > do not restore from backup during the setup. Check for updates manually.

Go to the Insider website to unenroll your device.

If you got .164, then you can do another reset and this time restore your backup. Let Insider download. You can re-enroll if you like at whatever ring you want.

Is the only way to make a backup using the built-in backup thing? Meaning, no external complete OS backup of my phone, correct?

darielmarlow

May 27, 2015
Visit site

I was able to not have Redstone install automatically! Here's what I did. First, I chose to go ahead and do the Redstone download. Then, when it wanted to install, I wend ahead and rebooted my phone. It showed that there was an error doing the installation (do the reboot very early when it's preparing to install). Then, I was able to change my insider status to "Production". The Redstone update was still showing as a pending update. I decided to just leave things as is and over night it decided to install 164. All is well now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro