What is the best way of moving to Windows 10 on a new phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello,
I am planning on getting either a 550 or 640. I am currently on a Lumia 520 running 8.1 and have done a backup. I have heard that you should factory reset (or use the restore tool on your computer?) after upgrading to Windows 10 (or in the case of the 550 after you buy it). What order should I do things to make sure I am getting the best experience? It kinda feels awkward that I would need to do any of this, has the OS been fixed now so I could just restore my backup and it will be fine?

Thanks,
Ronan

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
It kinda feels awkward that I would need to do any of this, has the OS been fixed now so I could just restore my backup and it will be fine?

yes you got it right, the os is quite stable now and any of the above mentioned procedures wont be required :)

for a 550 at first update the device, as there will be various phone updates pending and then for once perform a hard reset then restore your data . you will be good to go then.

in case you buy a 640, download upgrade advisor then update your device to latest build , perform a hard reset and restore your backup :) :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss