Why is my Lumia 1520 battery draining fast?

mstabes

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 1520 battery draining fast

A month ago I dropped my 1520 smashing the LCD.
Have since had it replaced and installed Win 10 rel 164.
Before I replaced the LCD and when I was still running Win 10 rel 107 the battery on the phone would easily last a day. In fact, I could get two days use without a recharge if careful.
Now, the phone will deplete to 15% within 8 hours. Also, the phone just shuts down when it reaches 15% (after warning me that the battery is critically low). Why does it do this? I used to be able to run it down to 0%?
Anything I can check?

Mart

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 1520 battery draining fast

A month ago I dropped my 1520 smashing the LCD.
Have since had it replaced and installed Win 10 rel 164.
Before I replaced the LCD and when I was still running Win 10 rel 107 the battery on the phone would easily last a day. In fact, I could get two days use without a recharge if careful.
Now, the phone will deplete to 15% within 8 hours. Also, the phone just shuts down when it reaches 15% (after warning me that the battery is critically low). Why does it do this? I used to be able to run it down to 0%?
Anything I can check?

Mart

If you don't say us what build you got, or if you got the last .164 or the Redstone...
SO, if you use Search in fourm you'll notice every phone drains during updates and sync after upgrade. Max two days and it works at best.
In the meantime update your phone , then in two days you'll check drainig....And the battery check will be calibrated .

Ken Nash

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
mine is the same as soon as i take photos or video it crashes after about 8 pics
you plug it back on charge and it is charged in no time it is obviously a software problem but you would think microsoft
would have a fix for the prob there r enough people complaining about its a wonder microsoft does not monitor this site
my phone is on automatic update so it is not a prob of the phone having the latest release
i never had this prob with win 8.1
so mr gates please do something about it
i have to carry a portable battery charger everytime i go out and start taking pics
ken nash

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05