How do I find out what apps are available on WP 10?

barbaram

May 15, 2013
Visit site
How do I find out what apps are available on WP 10

Hi,

I have a 925 which will not be upgraded. That's fine with me, I will wait till next fall to see what new phones, built for WP 10 are coming out next.

But, planning to up grade makes me worry about the apps I have now on my phone. How do I find out if these two apps are available on WP 10. The apps in question are Beer Tracker and Diary Buddy.

I have over 500 beers rated on BT and I use Diary Buddy to keep track of what's going on in my garden. What on earth am I going to do if they are not available on WP 10!!

Any way, how do I find this info. I'm sure I'm not the only person getting all fussed about this. Can anyone help?

Wolfjt

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: How do I find out what apps are available on WP 10

Those two apps you mentioned are in the Windows 10 mobile store.

barbaram

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Thanks so much for looking!! Is there a way when you don't yet have WP 10 to look things up?

OTCHRussell

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

If you go to the Microsoft website you can find a list of the apps. I found it by googling "apps for Lumia 950" before my phone arrived.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

I was going to answer this on my own, but Rhapdog says it best: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...ndows-phone-8-apps-work-windows-10-phone.html

Please read his answer and I can confirm that we now know, what he said then, is true now

Edit: it comes to down to.. Yes if you used the app with 8.1 it will be there in the 10 store, but devs need to decide if they will update it or abandon it and code a different app for the universal platform. The smart thing to do would be to use the existing code/app and update to a UWP app :) but they could also just abandon the app like I said (The WC app is an example of leaving an app for 8.1 like it is and developing a new one for the universal platform)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb