Windows 10 crashed my CPU, and nothing seems to fix it. Please, can I get some help?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows 10 crashed my CPU, and nothing seems to fix it

I installed Windows 10 back in the summer, when it first came out. It worked for 1 day, crashed my CPU on startup and has never worked since. It gets to the startup circle and then after a minute goes black and that is it. SOmetimes it will say it didn't start properly blah blah blah but I can't get it to work. Some VERY important files are on there. Nothing works. You should get your asses sued off. 8 months I've been having it worked on but everyone keeps saying "can't fix it without losing your files". Not acceptable. At all.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 crashed my CPU, and nothing seems to fix it

First, we are not Microsoft, jusr a bunch of enthusiasts on the Internet.

Second, anybody telling you they can't retrieve your files hasn't tried very hard. Assuming the hard drive can be removed, it could be mounted as a secondary drive in another working pc and the files gotten to from there.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 crashed my CPU, and nothing seems to fix it

Yep... When my previous laptop crashed and burned... I went out and got an HDD portable shell and put the HDD in there. Saved all my stuffs onto the new laptop. Now I have a portable drive to store backups on.

Pretty sure it was your CPU's time to go. Upgrades can be stressful and if something is ready to pop, that could push it over the edge. Hundreds of millions of users have upgraded to 10 and there isn't something in the code frying their CPUs.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea