Potential switchback from iPhone.

Kanazuchi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone! I used windows phone exclusively since the htc trophy came out on Verizon. I upgraded to a Lumia 822 and later a Lumia 928. I really liked my Lumia but this time around decided to try an iPhone 6. I had stars in my eyes at first with all the apps! After using it for almost a year now, my app use has boiled down to basically everything I used on Windows phone. Although some are higher quality (office, and others. I'm still in the Microsoft ecosystem for everything but the OS), I'm realizing that I do miss a lot of things of the underlying OS, especially the start screen.

So I was wondering the state that Windows 10 is in on mobile. I love the desktop OS a lot, and am getting a surface pro as soon as I can! But is it worth it to switch back? Or maybe in a few years once bugs and integration is figured out? I would be missing some banking apps, but that's not the end of the world. I miss integrating at all with my laptop, iPhone is such a closed ecosystem from Windows (my wife loves her iPhone with her Mac, and I agree it's great!).

As a software developer I love the idea of the UWP and would love to utilize and help support it (it's definitely my first choice for app development).

I'm interested in a gentlemenly (and gentlewomenly) discussion and would love to know the trade offs other people have made and discovered.

Edit: forgot to mention, I'm on Verizon so it would probably have to be when HP or someone else comes to the ever slow Verizon before this could happen.

Last edited:

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Cmon back. Outside of the ones using Insider that shouldn't, things are SLOWLY picking up steam, IMO. New Instagram and Facebook apps, BofA coming back, Starbucks... Will be an interesting 2016. Once devs realize they can port and make one app for, as of today, 200million devices, the snowball will(hopefully) grow.

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Some hint to consider:

Get a WM device of your choice. I'd take the 650 at the moment.

Then get a iPad mini, cheapest device Wifi only. Tether to the Lumia.

The whole package is cheaper than a iPhone, and you have both worlds. The big display of the iPad is much preferred to any phone screen. And you have all the apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs