Don't panic, w10m is fine

micallan_17

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
You guys are getting it all wrong. Don't panic.
Practically everything that was shown at build's first keynote is directly related to mobile as well. The bots, Hello integration in Edge, it will all come to mobile as well.
You guys need to stop thinking in terms of devices or form factor. Windows 10 = Windows 10. They simply chose to present it all via the desktop OS because that’s faster and more reliable for a presentation and more people can relate to it because it has a bigger market share.
Microsoft just recently announced spectacular features for mobile. Continuum for example. The whole experience needs to be improved and that will take a year. Nothing wrong with that. Furthermore, lots of new things will come to w10m this year. Perhaps nothing spectacular, but that’s fair. You can’t come up with something spectacular each month.
The next wave of spectacular for mobile is the Surface phone. Until that time mobile simply needs to grow up and stay on par with the destkop version.
Windows 10 mobile is fine if you'll stop panicking like little girls about nothing. Jumping to Android or iOS won't give you the livetiles, security and upcoming stability that w10m provides. If you’re leaving for apps, then you are stupid in the first place. Why have you ever been on w10m if you care so much for apps?
The apps have to come via the destkop+xbox market share. That's why they focused on those devices.

I loved your answer man. couldn't have put it any better than this. Kudos

Panos Athanasiou

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
yea and isntagram beta came for w10m its awesome same as other versions and full featured and we saw a Desktop messenger this means the phone one is coming and now it can be on par with the others :3

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
No panic here. I'm not wedded to any particular phone ecosystem. I can understand perfectly that for some people Windows mobile is not OK because they don't have the apps they need--that's the big reason for most. For myself, I can imagine that time coming, but for now I have everything I need and I enjoy the features of W10 mobile. I don't get this "investment" argument. No phone is an investment--it is all sunk costs, and buying a Lumia 640 for $30 is a pretty low cost for a great phone that does almost everything I need (I'd like a better camera). There's nothing on Android or Apple that can touch it anywhere near the price, assuming it provides the functionality you need. But, I don't live in my phone and apps. To me it is a portable communication device first and foremost.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I find that true on the Desktop side as well. I've cut out all the obsessively indexing carp and my laptop is a lot happier and speedier without Photos/Groove/Music & TV...

DId you actually uninstall Groove and that, or just get alternatives? I use MusicBee for my local music library and VLC for video (don't need anything for pictures). Xbox Music wrecked my tags on W8, and it wasn't better as Groove, last I checked. As such, I won't be bothering with it, until they stop confusing this:

Oceana I like

with this:

Oceana I don't like

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
DId you actually uninstall Groove and that, or just get alternatives?

I removed the services I don't want from desktop (the ones that seem to spend a huge amount of time scanning my drives and give little value in return). Check this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...w-remove-uninstallable-apps-windows-10-a.html

I use my old preferences or new alternatives in place of what I've stripped out. Check that linked thread... We are sort of dragging this thread off topic. ;)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Typed more than I expected to do.
And from what I see here the majority of the remaining windows phone users do not want android or IOS....I technically am a dual user(Android tablet) but I hate the OS too much so the tablet rarely gets used.

I don't see anything evil about using Android. if that is what people wish to use, then so be it. I also do not see anything wrong with using and/or being happy with Windows phone...nor do I see a reason for others to try and push people who, while upset or frustrated are still wanting to support WP, to android.

Personally, I wouldn't use Android simply for the type of company google is nor would I want to support companies like HTC and Samsung who willingly took cash from customers of WP only to screw them over. If I did go android, it would be Sony or possibly the Zenfone or Oneplus...if I am not mistaken, those phones are Cyanogen based and take away android from google, which I think is amazing.

of course I am not desperate enough to use android when there is a much better OS (IOS) out there, should I ever leave WIndows Phone entirely and for good.

If anything I encourage users t o go IOS if they must leave WP than Android.

Rose-colored glasses? Please do not condescend me. I don't have rose color glasses. I and many others who do use Windows 10 daily and are actually users of the platform and not people who have since abandoned the platform but constantly talk about how it sucks despite the fact they are not actively using it, are not blind or na?ve to things on Windows 10 mobile or WIndows phone.

Rose colored glasses imply we do not see anything but the good....and ignore the bad. There is an app gate, Windows 10 mobile (While good) is not quite as smooth as Windows Phone. Microsoft has made many questionable and downright stupid decisions in the last year with the platform. I sometimes find myself asking "why do I support the OS still?"

then I recall....Android is not a good OS to me and IOS is not something I want to use exclusively unless I am willing to move to Mac(and a lack of a touch screen makes that highly unlikely lol) because I feel you need all of Apple's ecosystem to truly enjoy IOS.

I then realize I prefer accepting the good of the OS, while being aware of Win10mobile flaws, and learning to work with it and adjust to it.

I unfortunately am a dual user... but I am also not going to drop an OS because I can't get X-rated pics or see stupid videos of my friends on snapchat because I kind of do have a life and my life does not revolve around an app.

In the end, for those who want WIndows 10 to succeed...ironically, abandoning the platform does not help success lmao.
But to each their own.
Interesting.
From what I see there are a number of dual platform users (self included) filling in the gaps with Android.

What is so evil about denying oneself function by using Android for what is needed?
I just don't see your logic Micah.
Windows phone apps just don't fill in where competing platforms do.

I do admire your strict following of the Windows platform and Lumia/Microsoft.
Windows simply does not infuse confidence with many fans who really do wish it would fly high.

Sorry my friend it's time to remove the rose colored glasses.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo