windows reinstall from disc or from the reset menu

jorge9484

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi. So recently my windows 10 get a bit laggy and i am planning to reinstall windows. I just want to ask if there is any difference doing it from the reset option in settings or doing it from the flash disk

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
First of all make sure you have upto date drivers or try Windows 7 or Windows 8.x drivers if possible. I installed Windows 7 drivers for Bluetooth and all my bluetooth issues went away. Plus I have I can now connect to my phone and make calls via bluetooth whereas previously I wasn't (Previous drivers were installed via Windows Update).

You have two options with the reset option - refresh and retain your data or wipe everything complete and re-install. With the flash media, you have two options (well one really as it's not recommended to install windows onto a partition already containing an install) either install on the current windows partition (not recommended) or delete the aforesaid partition and reinstall. However if you have partitioned your HDD just be careful when deleting partitions.

Also if you have a standard Mechanical HDD you could try running a defrag programme however if you are using a SSD and it's becoming sluggish chances are you have a faulty SSD.

It's not recommended to defrag an ssd as you are impossing unnecessary read/writes to the drive.

In a previous workplace they cheaped on the SSD and the machine became sluggish over time and they started to become very unresponsive. After several trips to the repair centre with the same issue. They replaced it with a slow mechanical - no issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs