All MS apps are crashing

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm using windows 10 on my surface 3, Today I realised that almost all MS app like store, groove music, calculator are crashing when I try to open them. I have restarted, checked for updates but none of the apps open. They crash in less than a second.

The only changes I did today was to install Kaspersky Internet Security and now I've removed it but nothing has changed.

Any help? I asked customer support and they said I need to reset which I don't want to do

OS is 10586.164

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Try it with a different login if you have multiples, or create a new local user and make sure you grant it admin permissions. I've had the same problem a couple times with Store on my laptop. Recreating the local user profile fixes it.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Try it with a different login if you have multiples, or create a new local user and make sure you grant it admin permissions. I've had the same problem a couple times with Store on my laptop. Recreating the local user profile fixes it.

I tried that and when I tried to open any app from the local user, the app wouldn't load. I could click but nothing would happen. Clicking on apps from start menu would make the app tile darken but no other observation. Do you have any other ideas? I would appreciate your help

Thank you

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Make sure you create a completely new local user with admin permissions. When you log into Windows as the user, it should be the first time login behavior, just like when you first upgraded. Then try to open Store. Other than that, have you done the standard, wsreset.exe from the Command Prompt to clear the Store cache? It never worked for me but it's worth trying if you didn't. Do you have a restore point from a time when everything worked?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Make sure you create a completely new local user with admin permissions. When you log into Windows as the user, it should be the first time login behavior, just like when you first upgraded. Then try to open Store. Other than that, have you done the standard, wsreset.exe from the Command Prompt to clear the Store cache? It never worked for me but it's worth trying if you didn't. Do you have a restore point from a time when everything worked?

did the wsreset thing, no luck

but I got the apps working again through another way. I enrolled to insider preview and then restart and then I unenrolled from insider preview. So far the apps are working now though I didn't install any preview.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs