Upgrated to Win 10 free

John Solgaard

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
Upgrated to win 10 free

I recived a program update but after installing I gor a very frozen phone. Most of the squares phone adressbook camera email and nany nore was frozen. I got the recovery program and got win 8.1 on my phone instead for win 10. Why?
If the program comes later this year we will have lost the free win 10. Is there a way to restore the phone su I can recover it later?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Upgrated to win 10 free

The windows devices recovery tool will always reset your phone back to the OS version it was on before you jumped to 10. Download the upgrade advisor app from the store again and go through the update(s)

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

John Solgaard

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
I was surprised for this answer. In a few month the program is no longer free and in case of this it will end the use of win10 free.
In my PC I got a recovery cd for win 10. It could be the same for windows phones. Just make a copy of the phone to recovery.
I recived the update again and will not accept that update. How can I refuse it?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I was surprised for this answer. In a few month the program is no longer free and in case of this it will end the use of win10 free.
In my PC I got a recovery cd for win 10. It could be the same for windows phones. Just make a copy of the phone to recovery.
I recived the update again and will not accept that update. How can I refuse it?

I'm not sure I follow you :/ Windows 10 for phones will always be free! Certain phones will not be able to receive the update officially, but they can sign up as an insider and update their phones to a version of Windows 10.

Windows 10 for PC will remain free until 29th July 2016 (if I remember correctly).

You don't need a recovery CD for your phone. Head over to settings, make a backup of your stuff, reset the device using the Windows Devices Recovery Tool and restore your backup during the initial setup.

For the PC a recovery CD is needed in case of an extreme emergency (I guess)

If you're looking to refuse a downloaded windows 10 update for your phone: remove the app and hard reset the device

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea