10.0.14295.1000 is disaster for my phone !

511pf

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
My Lumia 830 with 14295 is such a mess that I'm also going back to WP8.1 in an effort to get back to the production WM10 build. Disappointing.

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Yeps. This is exactly what I did with my 640XL. I found the latest Redstone build unstable in some ways. For some apps, the tiles did not update (Telegram, Mail, Messaging). The screen used to flicker, videos (youTube) were not watchable - some of the issues I faced. So, I used the Windows Recovery tool and rolled back to 8.1 and then used the Upgrade Advisor to move back to the most recent stable release of W10M (10586.164). The phone is rock stable now.

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm a bit confused... "Slow" shouldn't have the latest preview version, right?
So why does it have this version; along with "Fast"?

Prodip Saha

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Don't get me wrong but build 10.0.14295.1000 is indeed a disaster. I love Windows 10 mobile and I don't want to go back to 8.1. I can't believe how Microsoft team can be so irresponsible by pushing a build with too many broken things. Just to cover the bases, I have been using Windows 10 mobile since Dec 2015 on my Lumia 1520 and everything was working within my expectations. Build 10.0.14295.1000 has broken so many things and, therefore, you are seeing me spending time on this forum!

No more multitasking! Can't open two apps and switch between them. Why? I have to go to home to open another app but, to my surprise, my opened app is closed the moment I touched the windows button!
Outlook will crash when I tried to open an attachment (pdf)!
Can't open OneDrive!
Messaging will quit half the time!

I understand the risk of participating in the insider program but I don't understand how Microsoft can release build with many core apps in broken state. It just leaves a bad taste to the audience.

halflifecrysis

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm a bit confused... "Slow" shouldn't have the latest preview version, right?
So why does it have this version; along with "Fast"?

I feel the same way. I got my first couple of 10586 builds on fast ring and then the latest 10586 I had to switch to slow (made no sense). Then while on slow just a few weeks later Insider tried to push a Redstone build on me (few days ago) so I had to switch to "preview" which is now labeled for the 10586 builds. That's three tiers jumping around just to stay concurrent 10586.

Its truly is going to cause people hassles and was irresponsibly handled by MS. This was my experience on a Lumia 1520.

Demian Mioc

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
I feel the same way. I got my first couple of 10586 builds on fast ring and then the latest 10586 I had to switch to slow (made no sense). Then while on slow just a few weeks later Insider tried to push a Redstone build on me (few days ago) so I had to switch to "preview" which is now labeled for the 10586 builds. That's three tiers jumping around just to stay concurrent 10586.

Its truly is going to cause people hassles and was irresponsibly handled by MS. This was my experience on a Lumia 1520.

It was all explained pretty nicely by Microsoft, and Windows Central has articles about Insider builds releases and rings. Redstone was pushed through Fast ring first only to Windows 10 phones that shipped with Windows 10, like Lumia 550, 650 and 950/950XL, while .586 cumulative updates were released to Slow and Preview rings. After Windows 10 Mobile official launch, Insiders are able to download Redstone in Fast and Slow builds on devices that didn't originally come with Windows 10 Mobile. If you want to roll back to 586, downgrade to 8.1 and use either Upgrade advisor or Insider with Preview Ring selected.

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
So "Slow" is just second in line, then; rather than a 'safer' build of the preview.
I want preview updates, specifically because my (former) carrier still hasn't pushed out W10, but I do not want bug-ridden releases. If I were that kind of tester, I'd of selected "Fast."

If I switch to "Production" (by my understanding) I'm stuck on whatever version of W10 I have, until my original phone provider rolls out 10. That sucks.

Demian Mioc

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
So "Slow" is just second in line, then; rather than a 'safer' build of the preview.
I want preview updates, specifically because my (former) carrier still hasn't pushed out W10, but I do not want bug-ridden releases. If I were that kind of tester, I'd of selected "Fast."

If I switch to "Production" (by my understanding) I'm stuck on whatever version of W10 I have, until my original phone provider rolls out 10. That sucks.

Production is last official build. So if you don't want to test bugs of Fast ring or Slow ring, or if you want to leave those builds just switch to Production. Note that the build you get is the same one as Update advisor one, but you don't have to upgrade from 586.107 to latest 586 update. But if you switch to Production while being on Fast or Slow ring builds in this case Redstone, then you'll have to wait till official build comes to Production ring.

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I just switched it off, to production.
Apparently I was on: 1511 build 10586 - did I avoid this dreaded "Redstone"? I just had an update about two days ago.

Whatever build I'm on, there's bugs, but nothing that breaks day to day operation.

But if you switch to Production while being on Fast or Slow ring builds in this case Redstone, then you'll have to wait till official build comes to Production ring.
A little confused.. am I SOL about switching back to slow ring, I exited the program with no chance to re-enroll, type of thing?

halflifecrysis

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
It was all explained pretty nicely by Microsoft, and Windows Central has articles about Insider builds releases and rings. Redstone was pushed through Fast ring first only to Windows 10 phones that shipped with Windows 10, like Lumia 550, 650 and 950/950XL, while .586 cumulative updates were released to Slow and Preview rings. After Windows 10 Mobile official launch, Insiders are able to download Redstone in Fast and Slow builds on devices that didn't originally come with Windows 10 Mobile. If you want to roll back to 586, downgrade to 8.1 and use either Upgrade advisor or Insider with Preview Ring selected.

Maybe in your perspective it was laid out clearly, but in real world use it's not smooth. When I jumped in fast ring last fall I got two consecutive 10586 builds. Then after hearing about a new one I had to go research why it didn't show up. No matter how you explain it I've jumped three rings in three months or so to stay on 10586 trying to avoid buggy Redstone. If that's not the definition of a not consumer friendly strategy I don't know what is. It leaves the consumer too married to the process and chasing moving targets. Gotta be a better way.

I think the best thing for all would be a true stop gap before the download begins on any build. Give people a chance to hesitate and ask questions before moving forward. Give us a chance to change rings if need be. Wanting the access to these builds, agreeing with risk does not mean I want to give up total control or that we should have to.

Rolling back to 8.1 after people get stuck with something that was not quite expected is such a poor solution these days. Would it be sooo much trouble to hit the update button and our phones display "The build xxx is available, to proceed click here, if you don't want to proceed right now click there and to read release notes click here".

I had to do a semi soft reset midstream downloading of Redstone x.1000 to stop it.

Just ranting..... Ignore me ☺

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Maybe in your perspective it was laid out clearly, but in real world use it's not smooth. When I jumped in fast ring last fall I got two consecutive 10586 builds. Then after hearing about a new one I had to go research why it didn't show up. No matter how you explain it I've jumped three rings in three months or so to stay on 10586 trying to avoid buggy Redstone. If that's not the definition of a not consumer friendly strategy I don't know what is. It leaves the consumer too married to the process and chasing moving targets. Gotta be a better way.

I think the best thing for all would be a true stop gap before the download begins on any build. Give people a chance to hesitate and ask questions before moving forward. Give us a chance to change rings. Wanting the access to these builds does not mean I want to give up total control. Rolling back after people got stuck with something that was not quite expected is such a poor solution these days. Would it be sooo much trouble to hit the update button and our phones display "The build xxx is available, to proceed click here, if you don't want to proceed right now click there and to read release notes click here". I had to do a semi soft reset midstream downloading of Redstone x.1000 to stop it.

Just ranting..... Ignore me ☺

WHY you joined Insider Program if you don't want to follow Program instructions???
ANd without reading offcial releasing news?
Jumping between rings if one of the testing parts, depending on what build you choose to test

Exit program, act as a common customer!

halflifecrysis

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
WHY you joined Insider Program if you don't want to follow Program instructions???
ANd without reading offcial releasing news?
Jumping between rings if one of the testing parts, depending on what build you choose to test

Exit program, act as a common customer!

Because I'm entitled to my opinion of how Insider is handled. When I signed up I didn't see anything in instructions that said I need to camp the internet 24/7 and prepare to ring jump. If a ring puts me on a 10586 product series I feel it shouldn't slip a Redstone build on me. There's also nothing wrong with a general statement that we still deserve an instant off switch preventing an update if we choose to skip it. We are already taking risk, we are kinda helping them out, it is still our phones so little bit of control in that matter would not require a rebuild of the OS. That's all I'm suggesting, I've provided the same comments in the feedback app also.

I guess it would be crazy to suggest that MS could refine the process. Let's agree to disagree and get back to telling everyone who got this build to roll back their phone and start over. It's such a customer-centric solution.

BenLumia

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Ok first when i installed Redstone through Insider, it was a failure, full of bugs and i had to Roll back to Windows 8.1 and installed Windows 10 on Production Ring which has no bugs, and today i installed the Redstone again through Slow Ring, i was impressed its very stable on my Lumia 640 LTE, only one issue remaining is Wi-Fi not connecting automatically, and takes few steps to Connect to any connection. Otherwise Redstone build is fine, even when i type it's smooth, and not even failing to write anywords.

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
After many tries to control my urge for red-stone and stay on the safer greener .164 build, Last night I opted for the slow ring on my L640 LTE. Damn it! my phone is a mess now! No cellular data! phones locks up for no reason. phone app not opening! message apps not popping up! If I try the action center pull down, the phone gets stuck!!!

Why MS push a build so broken into the slow rings?

pulkit10

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Same here...I was on the slow ring but was delivered this update too. Not sure how. Could be on my end.

But it broke the account integration with my Live/Outlook account. So now you have the following:
- Any contacts saved to Outlook don't show up. So I'll have my previous conversations marked with their name but their phone numbers won't appear in the contact card. It's like the phone just forgot that these people had phone numbers
- Bing Image of the day sync broken - imagine it has something to do with the broken account connection
- Emails not being delivered properly/account issue
- When I unlock the phone now, it shows me a blank screen instead of the PIN number screen
- Worse battery life

Meh, don't mind the niggles that come with a preview release but it's just annoying when I elected not to have such builds delivered to me. Sucks being a WP user right now. Still no "official" update out there and WP8.1 is ancient now so there is no choice but to move on, except for the lack of stability with the insider preview.

That iPhone is looking a lot better now. If only it had half the design intelligence of WM and wasn't so darn boring.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Meh, don't mind the niggles that come with a preview release but it's just annoying when I elected not to have such builds delivered to me. Sucks being a WP user right now. Still no "official" update out there and WP8.1 is ancient now so there is no choice but to move on, except for the lack of stability with the insider preview.

That iPhone is looking a lot better now. If only it had half the design intelligence of WM and wasn't so darn boring.

OMG....

Windows10 Mobile is official since one month
Do you prefer stay relaxed? Use the production ring. There's wrote averywhere
Now is too late, you need a Recovery via WDRT for going back to official 10586. 164 (.218 if you got a Win10 born phone)
Very stable.
That's all

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
After many tries to control my urge for red-stone and stay on the safer greener .164 build, Last night I opted for the slow ring on my L640 LTE. Damn it! my phone is a mess now! No cellular data! phones locks up for no reason. phone app not opening! message apps not popping up! If I try the action center pull down, the phone gets stuck!!!

Why MS push a build so broken into the slow rings?

Twitt it to Gabe, I would know too

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99