Hi.

I had a Windows 8.1 machine that I upgraded to Windows 10 - Lenovo Yoga 2 and it was really fantastic. Last year, the screen broke, so when I went to Best Buy, the Yoga 2 was on sale for $300 so I decided to get it again - and it came pre-installed with Windows 10.

Now, whether I'm using Firefox or Edge, specifically loading web pages takes a really long time, lags, doesn't register typing, or just closes the browser with "Not Responding" - especially on sites with video - or this. It just took me 5 minutes after this page loaded for me to actually start typing (Well, it froze and I refilled my coffee, came back and still wasn't able to type for maybe 30 seconds)

Whatever the case, is this just something that is the case with Windows 10? Did I miss a patch?
    Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    04-03-2016 07:19 AM
    Just to note: Apps are running great. Since I can't get Twitch.tv to open on my browsers, I use GameStreams and I have a YouTube app for YT - though it doesn't have all the features I want in the browser. (MyTube?)

Outlook.com barely loads, so I use the Mail app, etc.
    04-03-2016 07:26 AM
    My surface pro 3 was recently very sluggish when using any Internet browser on most recent insider build. SFC/scannow woukdnt start because of an issue of the most recent builds. I later found out that there is a fix. I ended up doing a chkdsk with options at bootup. I haven't had any problems since.
    AJ Scoggz likes this.
    04-03-2016 01:51 PM
    My surface pro 3 was recently very sluggish when using any Internet browser on most recent insider build. SFC/scannow woukdnt start because of an issue of the most recent builds. I later found out that there is a fix. I ended up doing a chkdsk with options at bootup. I haven't had any problems since.
    I'll give it a shot, thank you. :)
    04-03-2016 05:43 PM
    Worked well.
    Much faster, though not quite as zippy as I'd like. It doesn't crash if I'm watching a video anymore though. I just tried streaming both YouTube and Twitch at the same time and it was a little "hiccuppy" but that's it. Didn't get the "Not Responding" crash anymore.
    04-04-2016 06:09 AM