How to create (fake) groups in W10M?

Ronnet

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
One of the things that continues to annoy me about Windows 10 is the discrepancy between the full and mobile versions. They are made to look the same but beneath the surface they are still different on many fronts. One of those being the ability to group tiles, which isnt present in W10M.

On WP8.1 I could ''group'' tiles by creating fake black tiles with text to mimic the appearance of groups. But with the addition of background in W10M the usual apps I'd use to create these group tiles no longer are sufficient.

Does anybody know of a method that allows for groups to be created on W110? This could be an app that has invisible interior in the tile. I have tried a lot of different tile creator apps but none were sufficient.

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Is this the same functionality of dragging one tile on top of another and creating a group? That's been around since 8.1 Denim.

If you are looking for something else, then I'm not sure what to tell you.

Ronnet

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
No, that isn't it. But that would be another example of how W10 and W10M differ since W10 doesnt include the feature to create ''folders''.

What I am looking for is what Microsoft calls ''Groups'' in W10. If you google images of Windows 10 then the default groups are known as 'Life at a glance' and 'Play and Explore'. But you can create any group of tiles you want, the future has been part of Windows since Windows 8.

On my old WP8.1 I used to mimic this feature by having a row of black tiles as to seperate the tiles into groups. With specific apps I could then have a black tile with text to mimic the group title. Now that W10M has background the black tiles no longer are sufficient and I'm looking for another way to create unity between my W10 and W10M.

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Perhaps something like Header Tiles would work for you then. It's not exactly like W10, but it allows you to create text separator tiles so you can make it look similar.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos