Same Application on Multiple Virtual Desktops?

GatsbyGlen

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Is it possible to have a single application, for example Outlook, appear on multiple virtual desktops? I use different desktops to separate the opened windows for multiple clients. However, something like Outlook would be applicable to all clients.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to have a single application, for example Outlook, appear on multiple virtual desktops? I use different desktops to separate the opened windows for multiple clients. However, something like Outlook would be applicable to all clients.

This is interesting, as I just tried it, it seems that the Outlook app will only default to one desktop. As soon as you try to open it on a second desktop, it switches back to the first desktop. The only way I see to have to open instances of Outlook on separate virtual desktops, is to use the web client version of Outlook. It works that way.

Other apps may be the same way.

GatsbyGlen

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, it looks like I can open a second instance of outlook and have that run. Surprisingly, it stays in sync with the instance running on the other desktop, so perhaps this might work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb