E and G data connection?

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Oh never mind. I found it.

G = 2g
E = between 2g and 3g

I'm really going to have to check why I can't get faster!

Anyhow, here's the original question:

I've just gotten my new Lumia 650. It's supposed to be compatible with the 4g service from my carrier (not the LTE though). But when I put my SIM card in and turn it on, it changes from 3G to G to E. What's G and E?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Oh never mind. I found it.

G = 2g
E = between 2g and 3g

I'm really going to have to check why I can't get faster!

Anyhow, here's the original question:

in Italy G means 3G, and E Edge, the old compressed GPRS protocol (better 5x than pure gprs, in Italy 2G)

Synthetic: the guy lives in a very poor coverage area

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
in Italy G means 3G, and E Edge, the old compressed GPRS protocol (better 5x than pure gprs, in Italy 2G)

Synthetic: the guy lives in a very poor coverage area

With my Android phone I get great LTE and with my old Lumia 640 I would get great 4G. So this is weird.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Have you selected 4G as the highest connection speed under Cellular & SIM > SIM settings? But I am thinking that you've had a Lumia phone before so you might be knowing about it. But still, if you don't then do check it.

Also when I had bought my Lumia 830, it didn't allow me to connect even to my carrier's 3G network. I later figured out that I hadn't activated 3G/4G on my SIM. So, I had to do it manually by going to the SIM's USSD menu. Check if 4G is enabled for your SIM on your new phone.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I did. I just learned that, contrarely to what my ISP told me, the Lumia 650 isn't compatible with their 3G and 4G services... I may have to get a refund from MS (which they offer luckily).

I asked my ISP BEFORE buying it if it was compatible. I'm pretty mad now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)