Need some help quick please

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I had 14295 installed on my 830 but it was way too buggy, wanted to go back to the previous build. I used WDRT to try and do this. Ended up back in 8.1. How do I get back to W10 to whatever build came before 14295?? I downloaded Upgrade Advisor and it says I'm eligible but doesn't start a download or anything, no updates under Phone Update in Settings. How can I get back to 10 quickly??

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I had 14295 installed on my 830 but it was way too buggy, wanted to go back to the previous build. I used WDRT to try and do this. Ended up back in 8.1. How do I get back to W10 to whatever build came before 14295?? I downloaded Upgrade Advisor and it says I'm eligible but doesn't start a download or anything, no updates under Phone Update in Settings. How can I get back to 10 quickly??

You could enter in Windows Insider and go in the Production Ring. Straight to 10586.164 official

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Windows insider in 8.1 only gives me the option for slow, fast, or release preview. No production like the 10 app.

I can't beleve it >.< I fear with Release you find Restone.... Have a try... If doesn't wok, exit and uninstall. And wait the Advisor :(
Damn, I helped 2 members this morning and everything has gone fine at first shot

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
So I finally got back to 10 but it wont restore any of my data. I did a backup right before I started all this. How can I make it restore from a backup?

jes1888

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Originally posted by C LaBelle
So I finally got back to 10 but it wont restore any of my data. I did a backup right before I started all this. How can I make it restore from a backup?

On those cases where you change W10m builds, i would strongly suggest to start fresh on the phone because you could transfer a bug or too. Do keep in mind that text messages, favorites do transfer automatically, the backup is only for the app, themes and the data of the participating apps.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I can't beleve it >.< I fear with Release you find Restone.... Have a try... If doesn't wok, exit and uninstall. And wait the Advisor :(
Damn, I helped 2 members this morning and everything has gone fine at first shot

Release is still at 10586.164, Threshold Final... The RTM that was just pushed to eligible Factory Unlocked models and sent to OEMs and Carriers for testing.

My 640 is on Release and it's still not getting Redstone and should not until the next RTM. Probably will align with the Anniversary Update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster