Outlook - choose account to reply from?

notrichyet

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I have my Hotmail account download my work email via POP3. On my mobile (950XL on standard release OS) I also have Outlook setup to download my Hotmail and also a separate account for my work email...I have my reasons...

If I try to reply to a work email that Hotmail has downloaded, it forces me to reply via my Hotmail address, I cannot change to my work address as the sender.

I'm sure I had this option on WP8/8.1 on my old 930, am I missing how to enable this on W10 Mobile?

If I reply to an email via my actual work account within Outlook then it is fine, but once Hotmail downloads this email then it goes from my work account mailbox (which is how I want it...).

I have not linked Inboxes, unsure if this is what I should do or not?

Thanks for any help.

Chris

pdaneophyte

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
OP, did you put your work email on Hotmail Inbox? Go to a PC or a browser, sign in to your Hotmail. Make a new folder, call it Work mail or whatever. Go to Options, set a server filter rule. The rule is simple, if mail to is @workmail.account move mail to the just created folder. Test if pulled mail go successfully to that folder. Log out from hotmail.
The reason is by default Outlook mail on phone only sync and check just Inbox. Therefore if tou don't specifically sync that folder, phone Outlook don't know the mail is there.
You can then read and reply via your separate work account.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes