Massive battery drain in windows 10 mobile

Tasha Jaiswal

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I updated my Lumia 640 from WP 8.1 to WM10 .164 through upgrade advisor app and also hard reset the phone, but I have been experiencing massive battery drains. I find it hard to even get a day's usage while earlier it used to get 1.5 days on a single charge. I also updated to version .218 and again did the hard reset but nothing helps. Is this the general problem windows 10 mobile? Battery is very important aspect for me as most of the times I travel and don't get a charging point. Any help would be appreciated

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Couple of things to note. By default all apps are allowed to work in the background on WM10. Go to settings >> privacy >> background apps and disable apps that you don't want to run in the background. Secondly, if you don't use Skype that often then go to messaging >> Skype setup >> complete the setup and then logout of skype. That should help with the battery somewhat.

vishwas_prabhu

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Couple of things to note. By default all apps are allowed to work in the background on WM10. Go to settings >> privacy >> background apps and disable apps that you don't want to run in the background. Secondly, if you don't use Skype that often then go to messaging >> Skype setup >> complete the setup and then logout of skype. That should help with the battery somewhat.

Thanks.. That helped

Tasha Jaiswal

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

I tried your suggested solution, but nothing seems to work. Hard reset didn't help either. I think reverting back to WP8.1 is the only option :(

Tyrion L

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site

What does "working in the background" mean? I turned off my browser's (UC Browser) ability to work in the background as you suggested. What will that limit it from doing?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
What does "working in the background" mean? I turned off my browser's (UC Browser) ability to work in the background as you suggested. What will that limit it from doing?

Go to phone Settings, write "background" in search line and tap on Background Apps. There's the full list, disable everything you don't need, SKype and Edge first

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte