Lumia 950 in Canada., language, speech & Region set to Canada English, Cortana doesn't work

Luc A

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
No matter How much I try, I can't find the right settings to make Cortana or voice recognition work in Canada on a Lumia 950 with settings set to Canada English. When you change the phone language to English USA, (Speech and Region remaining Canada) it appears to work temporarily but soon Cortana crashes on each use.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
No matter How much I try, I can't find the right settings to make Cortana or voice recognition work in Canada on a Lumia 950 with settings set to Canada English. When you change the phone language to English USA, (Speech and Region remaining Canada) it appears to work temporarily but soon Cortana crashes on each use.

Is English (Canada) the default speech language (not just installed)? That tripped me up when I first set up Cortana on my old L1320. But I've had no problems with Cortana on my current 950XL.

Also, don't know if it's related but I just gave my son my old L1320 and he hard reset it after installing .218 build and now voice recognition for Cortana is not working for him. He's going to do another hard reset I think.

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a L950 in Canada. Latest Redstone Fast ring build. Cortana works great for me. My settings are:
Language - English (Canada)
Region - Canada, Match phone language
Keyboard - English (United States)
Speech - English (Canada) as default.

If you can't get it working you may want to consider a hard reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720