Install.ESD Win10 ISO

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
There was a recent tutorial on how you can create your own Windows10 ISO. What if you don't have a install.esd file in the sources sub-directory directory of the $Windows~BT folder ?

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
That is what I'm trying to say; I don't have a install.esd file, period, nothing, nada. In the folder structure mentioned in my original post. :angry:

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Well if you don't have the install.esd you have the install.wim (unencrypted) and that is what you need to install. If you have the install.esd you have to unencrypt first to get the Install.wim. It's sort of like a *.zip file where you have to uncompress before you can execute the app.

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Well if you don't have the install.esd you have the install.wim (unencrypted) and that is what you need to install. If you have the install.esd you have to unencrypt first to get the Install.wim. It's sort of like a *.zip file where you have to uncompress before you can execute the app.

There exists no install.esd or install.wim file in the C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources sub-folder ?

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Well the ISO I have when I mount it (which windows does by clicking on it). It mounts to the next free drive letter. When I go to that drive i see in the sources folder the file Install.win. I have downloaded other ISO and the file install.esd was located in the sources folder.

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
The tutorial doesn't mention anything about downloading an ISO and mounting.:eck:

Use the Windows key + I keyboard shortcut to open the Settings app.
Click Update & security.

On Windows Update, click Check for updates and let the latest version download to your system.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
If there is no file in the mentioned folder then it's more likely deleted, either automatically by the system or due to a Windows Update clean up. Your best bet would be too download the ISO again from Microsoft's website directly.

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
If there is no file in the mentioned folder then it's more likely deleted, either automatically by the system or due to a Windows Update clean up. Your best bet would be too download the ISO again from Microsoft's website directly.

The tutorial creates an ISO from the latest build on your system; not from downloading an ISO ?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
The tutorial creates an ISO from the latest build on your system; not from downloading an ISO ?

The tutorial showed to create an ISO from the latest Windows Insider build, which came in as an update only, until recently when Microsoft released ISOs for the Anniversary Update. Tyring to understand you...what are you trying to achieve here? Are you trying to create an ISO for an Insider build or the latest GA branch?

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I want to create an ISO of the latest build of Windows10 as stated in the tutorial; but the tutorial does not state you have to download an ISO, it states after you've done a Windows update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon