Cannot Delete/Reinstall GROOVE

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
On desktop GROOVE does not work properly cannot index music library and I am trying to uninstall then reinstall it but in Control Panel Uninstall programs list GROOVE does not exist to be uninstalled. Any one has a hint what to do?
GROOVE also totally disabled my Win Media Player that now only crash at startup.:unhappysweat:

Microsoft was advertising that Win10 can play all media types! After installing Win 10 it cannot even find my music folder let alone index all music there.:sweaty:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
On desktop GROOVE does not work properly cannot index music library and I am trying to uninstall then reinstall it but in Control Panel Uninstall programs list GROOVE does not exist to be uninstalled. Any one has a hint what to do?
GROOVE also totally disabled my Win Media Player that now only crash at startup.:unhappysweat:

Microsoft was advertising that Win10 can play all media types! After installing Win 10 it cannot even find my music folder let alone index all music there.:sweaty:

are there any OS updates pending? Install them is you find any

Also, are there any groove app updates in store?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Groove is packaged together with Movies & TV in one appx named "zune."

See this help thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...w-remove-uninstallable-apps-windows-10-a.html

You can remove the package in PowerShell as admin and then the store will reinstall the "unremovable" Apps if it sees them absent.

I've removed and moved on from the obsessively overindexing (IMHO) Apps: Photos/Groove/Movies & TV and the unnecessary to me 3D Builder.

I use Office 2007 Picture manager/Windows Media Player/VLC Player and I don't have a 3D printer.

I have it on my list to investigate MediaPortal as a full featured alternative.

I've not seen any deleterious effects from the removals.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Groove is packaged together with Movies & TV in one appx named "zune."

See this help thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...w-remove-uninstallable-apps-windows-10-a.html

You can remove the package in PowerShell as admin and then the store will reinstall the "unremovable" Apps if it sees them absent.

I've removed and moved on from the obsessively overindexing (IMHO) Apps: Photos/Groove/Movies & TV and the unnecessary to me 3D Builder.

I use Office 2007 Picture manager/Windows Media Player/VLC Player and I don't have a 3D printer.

I have it on my list to investigate MediaPortal as a full featured alternative.

I've not seen any deleterious effects from the removals.

that's a good post, it can help me sometime when I'm in trouble

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
my CMD only starts in non admin mode. When I click to start as admin nothing happens. I am only user and always been admin.

PS.: Finally after some efforts+tricks CMD/admin started then sfc /scannow was run and found no errors to fix while stupid GROOVE does not work and worse does not exist in Control Panel Uninstall list so I can remove it reinstall it.

I suspect Microsoft has made this stupid app only for music paying users.

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don;t know why you can't get Admin in PowerShell, that's the only way I know of to remove Groove. I was hoping the sfc/scannow would fix it.

You may be looking at backup and restoring your system.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Try creating a new admin user account. Then try using Groove and everything from the new admin user account to see if issues are resolved. If not, then its time to do a Windows 10 refresh. If that does not work, then do Win 10 restore. Possible corrupted Windows 10.

You could try CHKDSK, SFC, and DISM fixes before doing a full restore. Remember to always back up your data first.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I opened groove app for the first time on m surface and it didn't find any music in music folder. It asked to check in other locations. I gave it one location and it less than a minute it found more than 200 songs there as I expected it to.

In groove app, can you see a place where you can add locations where the app should check to search for music?

second thing is, the songs/albums that haven't been indexed, can you move them to aa new folder and then add them to the index of places to search? that might work.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
  • yes, GROOVE is given address of music folder
  • moving music folders so that perhaps stupid GROOVE starts normally is not favorable act in the sight of God :unhappysweat:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)