new Mail and Calendar update

Dheeraj Sukumaran

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
anyone having issue with the new mail and calendar update on the phones? it completes he update, but shows again in the store. and the notifications are not showing icons and then name properly. the p is running though

~DheeraJ~
Lumia 640xl 10586.164

Ryan Kwong

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Just got the update 1 minute ago.. Came on here to see who else got it. No issues yet. Push notifications are still going strong from my work.

However on a side note, I am getting annoyed at the syncing based on usage. I would prefer if they had the peak sync time like Android so it wouldn't burn my Lumia 950 XL battery...

Dheeraj Sukumaran

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
what's a peak sync? also the inability to reply to the forum threads via this windows central app is really annoying. the reply option is greyed out. why aren't they fixing this? always using browser to reply

Ryan Kwong

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
As in you can choose to sync messages during a specific time. When I was using Android, you could pick a time such as regular business hours 8AM - 5PM which is considered a peak time of when you should/want to receive email.

Since I work in the IT field, I tend to get a lot of email alerts from my servers throughout the night and its been destroying my battery life. Went from 35% to 5% in a span of 6 hours idling. I always close every background app before i sleep too.

I post on the browser so I can't confirm whether the Windows Central App has an issue. Sorry :p.

Checkoff

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Since I work in the IT field, I tend to get a lot of email alerts from my servers throughout the night and its been destroying my battery life. Went from 35% to 5% in a span of 6 hours idling. I always close every background app before i sleep too.

uhm.......what about flight mode / turn phone off??

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
As in you can choose to sync messages during a specific time. When I was using Android, you could pick a time such as regular business hours 8AM - 5PM which is considered a peak time of when you should/want to receive email.

I post on the browser so I can't confirm whether the Windows Central App has an issue. Sorry :p.

Usual check list:
1 - logout Skype Video
2 - disable in backgroud all unused apps, first of all Skype and Edge
3 - disable Video uploads in OneDrive
4 - Disable showing Onedrive photos in Photo app

at last, when done everything move to Production ring to stop telemetry and automatic error reports

Ryan Kwong

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Usual check list:
1 - logout Skype Video
2 - disable in backgroud all unused apps, first of all Skype and Edge
3 - disable Video uploads in OneDrive
4 - Disable showing Onedrive photos in Photo app

at last, when done everything move to Production ring to stop telemetry and automatic error reports

1) Always off
2) Tuned that months ago when I got the phone
3) I don't upload anything to OneDrive including pictures unless I do it manually
4) Always off

I am always confused on the different type of rings. As far as I know, I am already on the current Production ring for my Unlocked Lumia 950 XL as I don't use any of the insider rings.

Dheeraj Sukumaran

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
you can always go to the settings of mail and chose not to show any notification, or sound
another very useful option is "quiet hours" . no notifications will come important calls can be bypassed, and people who call more than twice in 3 minutes will be connected

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05